1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem ripping two dvd's

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Sobje, Apr 16, 2005.

1. Sobje

Sobje Member

Hello,

I have a problem with two dvd's I am trying to back up using smartripper. I have tried it on two laptops and they both give the same problem. One of the DVD's stops at 1% (Into the sun). No error message or anything. It just doesn't do anything any more. I have tried to stop the rip and hit no as this seems to reactivate programs now and then. No solution here. I have tried to remove the dvd an reinsert it. Smartripper notices this instantly but does not continue ripping after i reinsert the dvd. Same problem with the other dvd (tupac resurrection) only this stops at 51%. I have tried other tools but they give problems too. Read errors or something comparable. The DVD's are not damaged in any other way. I feel this has to do with a software problem. I have ripped dvd's succesfully with this hardware and setup. Just not these dvd's.

Hope you can help.

TIA

2. Daemon404

Daemon404 Regular member

check to see if the discs are scratched. That could be the problem. Try DVD Decrypter.

3. Sobje

Sobje Member

Hello thank you for you reply. See my post:

"I have tried other tools but they give problems too. Read errors or something comparable. The DVD's are not damaged in any other way"

DVD decrypter gives me errors too. By the way, I think it is a lousy tool anyway. It has never worked for me. I skips files.

There are no scratches on the disk whatsoever.

4. vike

vike Member

Try updating Decrypter to the latest version. Also, your movies might be a bad press, in which case they are FUBAR, and you should return them to your source and get new ones to backup. Read errors are most likely caused by the source media, not the software. Also, a list of ripping utilities you have tried would be helpful.