1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem, SCREEN Black and white only!!!!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by peotoy, Dec 6, 2004.

1. peotoy

peotoy Member

Goodmorning ..
    Yesterday I tried my new PS2 with dms3 mod ... the original games are played ok with colour .. BUT I have a problems with the copied games and dvds .. they are comming all black and white , can someone help me please ?????

Is there any upgrades for this mod chip to adjust the colour or it is a problem of the scart of the TV !!!

Thanks

2. chaos321

chaos321 Guest

are they download or imported pal games? where did you get them? you may have to adjust you laser to play the games also what method do you use to burn you games?

3. peotoy

peotoy Member

I'm from Malta , and here we have PAL TV sets!! I think that games are imported ( ntsc ) or something like that , I don't burn them , I just bought them from a friend !!!
    Dose PAL games excist ??
    Dose the dms3 or PS2 have a function to be set ??
    Dose the scart plug effect ??

Thanks a lot for your help

4. chaos321

chaos321 Guest

ok
    if you ps2 is pal then you need pal games you cant play ntsc games on a pal ps2 vice verca..
    unless you make copies of the game and use one of the patches on this site: http://www.geocities.com/jayteemaster2003/
    then it should work fine

5. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

eh.. most of pal countrys have multi set tvs... them tvs support both pal and ntsc... if you cant see the games in color how come yer frind does?... are you both using the same chips? or the same tv sets?

you also mention that its a scart... but that should eliminate all the pal/ntsc prbolems.. unless you using normal av cables...

one advice tho if you REALLY want to play games get only pal... since getting a whole new tv just to play few games n watch movies is usless... not to mention patching them and wasting more money on burners and media to burn on...

btw chaos321
    again few mistakes as usual :p

1. all ps2s can play any region you want... aslong it has a chip.. i got both pal n ntsc ps2s and they play any region i give to them... the only reason to this thing of black and white is the TV set.. nothing more...

2. what ajusting the laser has to do with anything here lol

6. peotoy

peotoy Member

thanks a lot for your help , but I managed to arrange it !! It was a tv scart problem ... I bought a new scart converter , and it worked fine with colour !!!

Thanks again guys !!