1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

(problem solved!! check this out) Xbox backups play on modded Xbox 360, sometimes...

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by ramonday, Jun 5, 2007.

1. ramonday

ramonday Member

I sifted through about 50 pages of this forum and couldn't find anything on this. I have absolutely no problem playing any and all backups of my xbox 360 games, but I get that "This original Xbox game cannot be played on this console...blah blah" error about 50% of the time if I try to play one my backed up xbox games. They are all in U/NTSC region and I have the latest update from Microsoft (April 2007) to play original xbox games. Also, my xbox 360 mod is the latest Xeno360 V2. Very weird stuff. Like I said, xbox 360 backup playing is no problem at all, but xbox backup playing is 50% at best. I am thinking there is perhaps a patching software or something similar to 360xtract that could check the image? Thanks for any advice in advance!

2. mjfouline

mjfouline Guest

u got the ixtreme firmware

if so maybe your games arn't stealth patched

3. dipsetpcp

dipsetpcp Member

maybe the title hes playing isnt backwards compatibile

4. catsee

catsee Guest

i got this question first thing u must do is go to xbox website n see if the xbox game can play on the 360 step 2 it might sound stupid confirm what region is the game ntsc or pal step3 u must tell us what firmware u have because the 5.3 allows u play dvd5 games without stealth if u have the new ixetreme the game wont play if it isnt stealth and if the backup is a dvd 5 it wont play u must stealth the game and make it a dvd9 game how to do that? use the mullet7 u can find it on this site n have fun

5. ramonday

ramonday Member

Thanks a million! I was literally about to give up hope and just sell everything XBOX1. A combination of that DVDMulleter8 and Quix101! Mulleter to fix the default.xbe to enable playback on Xbox 360 and Quix to rebuild the ISO (even though you can probably do that via Mulleter) and the just burn the ISO (I use CloneCD) and disco!!! I even traced the coding that fixes the default.xbe and now have my own stored procedure. I've got a TON of work to do, now ;]

For anyone as frustrated as I was, once you have the ISO image of your XBOX1 game, just extract it (with Quix), find your default.xbe and alter it with the Mulleter to allow Xbox 360 playback. Simply rebuild your ISO with that altered default.xbe. It couldn't be easier. I thought it would be much more difficult.

Thanks again!!

6. catsee

catsee Guest

another satisfied customer without violence

7. ramonday

ramonday Member

I forgot to add that I would suggest burning at no faster than 8x, maybe even 4x once you get your corrected ISO built. For example, my first go was with Halo 2, which I set the burn at 16x (although it averaged about 12x). The game boots fine on xbox 360, but the intros are a tad skippy and it acts like it wants to hang up every now and then. I reburned the same image set at 8x (averaged speed of 5x) and not a single bit of skip or hanging whatsoever.

Just an FYI that might be helpful to those that are as frustrated as I was.

8. surtees

surtees Guest

This may well of been said,but you will find only about 50% of xbox 1 games(backups) will play on DVD5 ,if you want all the xbox 1 backup games to play,you have to back them up onto a dual layered disc and not a DVD 5 disc.I dare say that is your problem.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2007
  9. ramonday

ramonday Member

Good point. I now have done about 15 backups and only had one that gave me grief with regards to fitting onto a DVD-R (single layer). That problem is easily fixed by ridding some waste during the extraction phase of Quix101, right before you rebuild your ISO with the corrected default.xbe. Otherwise, finding that Mulleter program was the solution to my problems.