1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem, sound familiar?

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by pat92phil, Oct 7, 2007.

1. pat92phil

pat92phil Member

ok my ps2 is doing that thing that old ps2's do. i try and play guitar hero II and during a song or load menu it freezes, then my playstation makes a clicking/tapping soud which is obviously coming from the disk bay. i thought the laser could have been out of line, or some similar problem. (btw this started happening about half an hour after my ps2 fell off a 1 and a half foot high shelf) Im curently looking for a screw driver small enough to get the cd drive apart, but in the meen time i was hoping some of you vetrans could enlighten me on what i have to fix. thanks

2. 3lement

3lement Regular member

Yea u probably hit the cog out of place. so go to http://arstechnica.com/articles/paedia/hardware/ps2.ars/1 and read the 3rd page on how to realign it. its not as hard as it looks. i did it to my cousins because his wasnt reading ps1 games and now it works fine. so try this if it doesnt work google ps2 repair guides and look for a fix for clicking noises. i know there one out there. hope this helps :)