1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem starting games with firmware 3.52 m33-3

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by kaozer, Aug 30, 2007.

1. kaozer

kaozer Member

i downgraded my 3.11 to a 1.5 then installed the 3.52 m33-3, but now i cant seem to play ANY games. ISO or CSO, both will not work. the game shows in the games mem section but when i select it, it will shows "The game could not be started. (80020148)". can someone please help me?!?!

2. ovrfiendx

ovrfiendx Regular member

Can you give details as to the setting you have under the recovery menu. More than likely you have a setting wrong.

The setting are under configuration & advanced config

Last edited: Aug 30, 2007
  3. kaozer

kaozer Member

erm.. i'm new to this so i do not know where to access the recovery menu, and by the way, i cant even play my UMD games

4. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Did you just install the 3.52 m33-3 update? Or did you update to 3.52 M33 then to 3.52 M33-3? If you didn't install 3.52 M33 with the kxploitpatcher and M33CREATOR first then more then likley this is your problem.

For future refrence after you get this sorted out below is steps to enable NO UMD.

In order to play an ISO off the MS you need to have a UMD in the bay or enable NO UMD under recovery settings. More then likely you don't have the NO UMD setting set and you don't have a UMD in the UMD bay..

If this is the case you will need to have a UMD in the UMD bay. (Go to system settings and turn off Auto-Start under the UMD settings)

If you don't want to have a UMD in the bay then follow the below steps to enable the NO UMD setting.

1) turn off the PSP

2) Turn on the PSP while holding down the R shoulder button. This should start the recovery mode. {If the screen is not on press the brightness button till you see it).

3) go to configurations

4) go to UMD MODE

5) Cycle through the UMD Options till you see Sony NP9660 and select it.

6) go back to previous page then exit recovery. Now you don't have to have a UMD in the UMD bay and the game should work properly.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2007
  5. kingnev

kingnev Member

hi im having trouble playing games as well... i upgraded from 3.51m33 to 3.52 now cant play iso's or cso's from my ms, can play some using devhook 0.52 but not all of them.... i tried changing the settings like u suggested in the last posts but its still not having it.

any help appreciated.... thanks

6. kingnev

kingnev Member

just updated to 3.52 m33-3 everything works great, i suggest anyone with the same problem as i was having to do the same!!!

7. kingnev

kingnev Member

one more thing before i go tho, a folder called seplugins came with the rar with the update of 3.52 m33 and m33-3 what is this? it has poploader in it, i also downloaded a folder full of prx files which i stuck in the designated folder but i cant find them on the psp except in the recovery menu, but i can only find one. i have the seplugins folder on the root of the ms, do i need to put it somewhere different or take the popsloader folder and popsloader out of the seplugins folder and put them somewhere else in order to find them on the psp? or have i done everything right, coz i cant see any of the changes
    thanks!

Last edited: Sep 2, 2007