1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem Unrarring dvd rips

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by d3r3k, Mar 3, 2007.

1. d3r3k

d3r3k Member

Hey guys, Im not new to dvd burning by doing 1:1 copies, but lately i downloaded some dvd rips and i try to unrar the Files, it gives me an error message saying

Write Error: only NTSF file system supports files larger than 4gb, anyone know how to solve this problem?.

I have 3 HDs my C drive is Fat32, and i converted both of the others to NTFS because thats were im putting the dvd files, i go to the drives properties and it says that it is indeed NTFS so i dunno what else to do, I even went out and bought a new External HD today formatted and converted it and it still dont work!

Thanks for the help in advance

2. Indochine

Indochine Regular member

You are extracting to an NTFS folder, sure, but you are running your RAR extractor program (which you do not name) from a FAT32 drive. Perhaps it needs to use your Windows system's temp folder and if it's on your FAT32 C drive it runs into the file size limit at some point during the process.

Why don't you convert the C drive? Are you using Win98?

3. d3r3k

d3r3k Member

Using XP, but my system had ME on it originally, and yes the Winrar is installed on the Fat32 which is the C drive, ill try installing Winrar on my New External, thanks for the reply :)

4. Indochine

Indochine Regular member

Some people say the answer is to use the 'Extract to' option in Winrar, and not dragging and dropping from Winrar to Windows Explorer which created the temporary file.

AS long as the windows TEMP folder is on a FAT32 partition you'll run into this I think. It doesn't make any difference where Winrar is installed.

As far as I'm aware WinRar and WinZip will create a temporary folder on C by default.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=123857

5. d3r3k

d3r3k Member

the extract to works THANKS A BUNCH!!!!!