1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem using DVD decrypter

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by rissi17, Jan 5, 2005.

1. rissi17

rissi17 Member

Hello all,
    I am having a real problem trying to back up my PS2 DVD games using the DVD decrypter. I use the ISo read mode to copy to my hard drive, then go back into the file and goto the read on the ISO tab, and when the game is done, it will not play like the original in my PS2. I had the DMS3 plus chip professionally installed, and I guess that I am getting really frustrated in this whole process. What do I need to do to get my back ups to play on my system?
    thanks for your help.

2. hursty

hursty Active member

maybe you posted this incorectly???after read iso,you need to WRITE iso.
    regards hursty

3. rissi17

rissi17 Member

when I am done copying the file to my hard drive, I go to the ISO Write mode and start burning to the -DVD, when it completes, I try to play the game in the PS2 and it does not play correctly. What am I doing wrong?

4. Ray21

Ray21 Member

What kinds of dvds do you use? Cheaper brands are less likely to work. Sometimes you might just have to try a different brand. I personally use ridata and benQ and it works fine.

Also, what version ps2 you have? cuz if you are burning dvd+r, some of the older Ps2's (version 4 and below) don't read them.

Lastly, always burn at the slowest speed possible... to ensure a successful burn.