1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem w/ champions of norrath

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Jungleboy, Feb 20, 2004.

1. Jungleboy

Jungleboy Member

I tried to backup champion of norrath dvd but i failed many times. on Nero it says not enough disk space. but the game actually is 3.2 GB and iam trying to copy on a 4.7 GB disc. dont know what the problem is?
    any solutions

2. account

account Guest

3.2 gb! i heard that game was a dvd9 game?

3. Jungleboy

Jungleboy Member

what is dvd9, like a golden bottom? if so how do u copy that?

4. Wulfie66

Wulfie66 Regular member

you can't copy a dvd9 to a standard dvd since a dvd9 is like twice the capacity of a standard dvd...

5. CoRpRuS

CoRpRuS Member

Has anyone besides me been able to back up Champions of Norrath?

You all are thinking wrong. The game IS a DVD9 but the game is only like 3 gigs. The other space is just empty and not needed, so you dont need to make an image of the game or split it onto 2 discs. All you have to do is put the game in your DVD Rom drive, go to my computer, right click it and select copy. Then you paste it to a folder on your desktop. After that you select all the files in the folder and burn it to a dvd. Now you should have the game on one disc and no crappy disc swapping. I use a fliptop and swap magic and it works fine.

6. Xian

Xian Regular member

Corpus, when you start Act III it will not work. If you only copy the first layer it will fail at that point. It is a DVD9 game, use Ultra ISO and you will see both layers and see that it is really over 8 gigs.

7. CoRpRuS

CoRpRuS Member

Oh, alright ty. Havnt got to play it that much yet.

8. datatrek

datatrek Member

9. MalDeez

MalDeez Member

While I agree the image for this game is in fact not composed of blank space, if you use IsoBuster you will see that the data appears to be effectively duplicated on both layers with only a few files missing on the first disk. (I extracted one layer, then extracted the second layer right over it and diffed the dir contents) Let's face it - while this game is good, there's nothing that should make it twice the size of a normal game. So I think the "second layer" basically contains a couple extra files which if missing, are enough to cause the game to crash.

My particular PS2 does not seem to play any backups well, so I'm forced to use the originals. However it seems reasonable that if an image were properly made that contains ALL the files, including the 10 or so on the second disk that are missing from the first, then the entire game should fit on one DVD-5. Disclaimer - I've tried this myself without success, but I'm new to this arena and might be making the image incorrectly, ordering the files incorrectly, might just not work on my touchy PS2, etc. However, seems worth a shot...

10. datatrek

datatrek Member

I know people that have tried to backup the game to a DVD-5. It works just fine until a certain point in the games where it just freezes and you can't get past it. Nobody that I know or what I have read on the internet have manager to burn it to a DVD-5. It only works fully on a 2 DVD-5

11. makkena

makkena Member

i've backed up this game with the whole, separating the ISO and the UDF, and rebuild the image to a DVD5. When I play to a certain point in the game, the part where you're in a cave and are about to enter a door with torches around it, the game freezes in black. So this confirms what you guys are talking about