1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem when i log off/kernel32.exe/wind/xp/

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by lowpro, Feb 22, 2007.

1. lowpro

lowpro Guest

syxgun i realike to get my pc back to begning tht way i can rest in peace.i being have problem tht even dell techn doesn't know why.
    everytime when i log all thee desk top items willb show but my scrm(monitor) goes black 2 times for about 2 secnd before before it stay normal.beside i had use this pc(dell XP) for alot of stuff dowload music movies other bad stuff now iwant clear all the regst and use only for school.(comp science).if u can help me do tht it will be a peace of mind 4 me.
    thks again syxgun

2. syxguns

syxguns Active member

Then put the OEM version of the OS in and start the computer. Tell it to format the HDD and it will put XP back on your machine like it was new. Unless you have a bad HDD. I don't think that you do because of the screen shots that you showed me. By formatting the HDD you will have no residual effects of the previous installation. That is the nice thing about OEM versions. They are made for the machine it came with.

3. lowpro

lowpro Guest

sygun i boot from cd i did wht u told me too and as far as i can go was those three step i show u on those pict

4. syxguns

syxguns Active member

"Windows did not find a hard disk drive on this computer" Post the pictures again in the order that you receive them. Between each picture tell what you did to get that picture. Basically, I need a little more understanding of how your system is set up.

Have you changed any of the BIOS settings? On the 2nd picture it says, "Boot Device Menu". Why did you select 4? You should not even get that menu, and if it is the first menu that comes up then something is wrong with your BIOS or that CD is not the CD for your computer. OEM disk from Dell or other Computer companies are set up for only that machine.

I think Dell, at least the new ones have a split partition on their HDD. You might be able to do a system restore by pressing F12 when booting. I know that is the case with the more recent Dell machines, maybe it is the case with yours.

Give me a little information on what steps you are taking and the messages you are receiving. I will do my best to walk you through it, but if I am not given the information I can not help. You have to remember that I can repair a machine if I am at the machine. If I know what steps you are taking and what options you are given then maybe I can help you fix this problem of yours.

5. lowpro

lowpro Guest

i insert cd and restart pc boot from cd(OS) it brings me to this windws
    and i press opit#4

[​IMG]

then i hit enter to setup windws xp then it took me the last pict #3

[​IMG]

AS far i can go

[​IMG]

6. syxguns

syxguns Active member

As the computer is starting with the disk in it does it say, "boot from CD..." before it takes you to that first screen? I have never seen a screen appear like that when putting an OS on.

Try starting it over and as the machine is starting press enter over and over to see it it will just go to the Windows Setup screen. If that does not work try option 3. I do not know why it is coming up with a boot drive menu.

As your machine is starting look at the first screen that comes on the display. That screen will tell you how to enter the BIOS. Sometimes it is by pressing the Delete button, and sometimes by pressing F4. Once you know what key to press to enter the BIOS we may need to adjust some settings. Find out what that key is while you try the first two options.

Did you try running setup with the OS going? It will not run, but it will tell you that the machine needs to reboot to run setup and it will ask you if you wish to reboot.

7. lowpro

lowpro Guest

this the opt when i start windws but before windws log shows
    F2= setup
    F12=boot menu

i press delete and F4 with and without OS insede and nathing happen.

about tht screem display is after i press the F12took me to(Boot Device Menu) then i choose option#4(IDE CD-ROM Device) tht why tht blue screem apear them it ask if i want to setup windows press enter.

8. syxguns

syxguns Active member

Have you just started the computer with the disk in? If you do that doesn't the disk automatically load the Windows setup screen? You shouldn't have to press anything to make it happen. That disk should be written as a run disk. As long as your boot up options are set to CD/DVD First Boot, HDD second boot. Even if you have a floppy drive, do not give it an option to boot from that. If you ever need it to boot from the floppy you can make the adjustments. The floppy drive slows down the boot up process.

Let me know what happens if you start the machine with the disk in it and do not press anything.

Let me know if you are given the option to boot from CD on startup. It should say something like, "press any button to boot from CD" during the start up process.

Pressing F2 on your machine will give you the option to make changes to the BIOS. If you have not made any changes it should be fine, so try the other things I mentioned first, then if it fails go into the setup and make sure that the boot configuration is like I explained.

9. lowpro

lowpro Guest

i had to make the changes i press f2 and change the boot sequence to

1. IDE CD-ROM Device CHEK
    2. HHD C CHECK
    3. DISKETTE Diver unchek so it can boot from cd (when i insert cd in without press any key )
    when i restart the pc
    shows dell logo i did not press any key until now it tells me( press any key to boot from cd) so i press and this is what happ
    windws setu
    f6= if u need to install a third party csi or RAID drive
    f2= automtic sistm recovery(did'nt press any of those) them
    start to loding files them this happ as shows on the pict

i press enter to setup the widws

[​IMG]

this as far i can

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2007
  10. syxguns

syxguns Active member

I'm a little confused. Did that disk come with your computer? The only thing that I can imagine is that it does not recognize the HDD because the volume label is not correct. That is the problem with OEM disk.

For example: I purchased a DVD burner and it came with Nero. I was wondering why I couldn't burn to my other drive. I ended up placing my other drive in my server. The other drive came with Nero also, but it did not have Recode2 on it. So I installed the OEM that came with the second drive. When I tried to record I was given the message that said, "This version of Nero is only set up to burn with...(the name of the second burner)". If you have replaced anything on your computer, such as your HDD, then the disk may not work. You may need to go back to option 1 and allow me to get your system clean for you. That way you will not have any lingering junk in your machine. I can help you get it clean to the point that it is like a new install.

11. lowpro

lowpro Guest

man i don't know wht is going on?
    i just exchanged hdd to a new one OS ready(OS inst by dell techn) never being use before by me only the day tht tech came to intall e new hdd and mother board memry and other stuff. then i exchange wth old one tht i'm using now.
    today i exchange the old hdd wth new one hdd OS ready(OS inst by dell techn) and this wth happn remenber it never being used before no virus no nathing.
    black screem apear after dell logo
    Raid volumes:
    none defined

Non-Raid disks:
    non defined
    press<ctrl-I> to enter config until

strike f1 to retry boot f2 for setup
    i press ctrl-I and f1 nathing happn

but when i insert OS tht black screem shows for a secnd then boot menu shows i but from cd drv and it shows just like i show u on the pict. something is wrong tht hdd never being used before why it does tht.i pluged before and it was runing good(offline just for few mint but now is doing tht) mabe my mother board is not good? this can not be a virus i think.
    i'm frust now
    help me

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2007
  12. syxguns

syxguns Active member

Well, it could be that your Motherboard has gone bad. It could be that your memory is bad. It could be that your PSU is bad. I'm not able to look at it, so I have a hard time explaining what to do. Have you opened the case and cleaned it? Is your Processor fan turning?

Another thing that you need to realize is that when you put a new HDD in your machine it is not familiar with that machine. Do you still have the original HDD? If you do, then set it up as master and the other HDD set up as a slave. You need to be able to boot your machine and from what I just read, it does not seem like you are able to. Your best chance is to format the HDD and start from scratch, but it seems that when you run your disk that it is not working properly.

Try to get the machine to boot back to Windows by swapping HDD if you have to. It sounds to me like you are at ground zero. Do you have the money to buy another OS? Try to get XP Pro because Windows Vista is having a lot of problems.

Let me know if you have the money and I will walk you through a rebuild.

13. lowpro

lowpro Guest

i did dell 32 bit diagnostics and all devices pass the test

dell techn used this machine to instll OS on the new HDD and it was working good everytime i change the HDD unitl now(well it's more than 2 years i didn't changee it until now

yes tht the one i'm usyng and has all my file on it

///If you do, then set it up as master and the other HDD set up as a slave. You need to be able to boot your machine and from what I just read, it does not seem like you are able to. Your best chance is to format the HDD and start from scratch, but it seems that when you run your disk that it is not working properly.////

so my OS is not good no more(windws XP Profesional incl serv pack 1a)

14. syxguns

syxguns Active member

lowpro-
    Let's start from scratch. The first thing that we want to do is to go into "System Setup" On my computer I do it by pressing "Delete" as the computer is starting. You may have to press something else, but it will tell you on the BIOS screen as you start the machine.

Under "Standard CMOS Features"
    IDE Primary Master [the name of your HDD]
    IDE Primary Slave [the name of your second HDD (if you have one otherwise it will be blank)]

IDE Secondary Master [CD/DVD drive]
    IDE Secondary Slave [Second CD/DVD drive (if you have one)]

Under "Advanced BIOS Features"
    First Boot Device [Floppy] (you may also make this your CD/DVD drive if you do not have a floppy or if you don't care to have a floppy as your first boot device.)

Second Boot Device [CD Rom]
    Third Boot Device [HDD-0]

Now save the changes and exit.

Now restart your machine with the XP CD in and see if it will work. If your BIOS setting were already set up properly then we need to try something else.

I know this may sound corny, but maybe your IDE cable has gone bad. Maybe it is not connected firmly. Make sure that the cable to your HDD is connected well, if it is, then you may need to spend a couple of bucks and buy a new one. I hate to ask you to spend money when we don't know if it will fix the problem or not. But then again, we are starting from scratch. Let me know what happens.

15. lowpro

lowpro Guest

syxguns nathing is working samme step same last erro.
    ok i'm going to buy tht IDE cable if doesn't i guess i have buy insurence from dell and techn support. they are the who put together this pc they now wwht they done to it.it is kind fanny averything pass the test and still not run OS complte.
    thnks bro

16. syxguns

syxguns Active member

It is a little confusing. If you can't get it done, then just let them do it for you. That IDE cable may not even be the problem.

17. lowpro

lowpro Guest

syxgun they helped me. this the step
    turn RAID off
    turn SATA Primary HD auto
    tht was it now i'm install the OS
    now i'll all the time if i think i have to do it

thnks bro 4 your help

18. syxguns

syxguns Active member

I'm glad that they were able to help you. It is sometimes difficult to know what the problem is when you can't see it. I'm glad you got it going. Good luck to you!

19. lowpro

lowpro Guest

syxgun now i have OS from i just update to exp pack2
    my question now is wht software should i use to backup all my file back to my pci i download a free trail from nero but i didn't use it.tht should do i job? nero 7
    any hinthnks
    t

20. syxguns

syxguns Active member

As long as Nero 7 Trial version allows you to backup your HDD, then yes use it. Depending on how much information is on your machine it may take a number of DVD's to complete.

Another free way to do it is to copy the files and paste them to the drive. I suggest using DVD RW so that the disk may be erased before the next use. Don't worry about program files because they can be re-installed. If you have addresses that you would like to save then you may export them to a file and save that information as well. It is a little more time consuming but the truth is that it can be done for free.

One note that I need to mention. When you paste the files to the DVD they are not written. You will need to press the little wording to the left that says, "Write these Files". Then it will take time to write the files. Make sure that the files that you are writing do not exceed the size of the DVD.

In Nero you can just tell it to do a backup and it will copy all of the files for you. It is easier, but if your trial version does not work at least you know that you have the files backed up.

Good luck!