1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem when playing a dual layer disc

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by cameo48, Aug 15, 2004.

1. cameo48

cameo48 Guest

Hi,
    I am new to the forum. I have been using DVD Shrink for sometime now; I back up my daughter's children movies to keep the origianl in good condition. I have a Sony DRU-700A dual layer writer. I burned my first Verbatim DVD+R DL disc.(I backed up my copy of Kill Bill Vol. 2) I played it on my Sony DRU-700A and it worked great. When I played it on my stand alone DVD Player(sony dvp-ns725p) the movie freezes in the middle of chapter 13. If I hit next on my remote the movie starts again on chapter 14. I tried the movie on 3 different DVD players and the same thing happens on all three. I think it's freezing when its ready to change to the 2nd layer. Has anyone had this problem or am I doing something wrong.

Thanks for the help

2. ddlooping

ddlooping Active member

Hi cameo48. :)

What software did you use to burn the DL?

3. cameo48

cameo48 Guest

Hi, ddlooping

I used DVD Shrink with nero.

4. ddlooping

ddlooping Active member

Was it Nero latest version?

5. cameo48

cameo48 Guest

nero 6.3.1.17

6. ddlooping

ddlooping Active member

That's very weird.
    I remember seeing information about the latest version of Nero being able to burn to dual-layer media, including features like "Smart Layer" (or something similar), but cannot find any reference to it on the official site.

I can only guess recordable dual-layer compatibility is yet to be improved.

I'm affraid I don't know what else to add, cameo48 . :/

7. cameo48

cameo48 Guest

I read the same thing about Smart Layer. I saw that nero has a new update(6.3.1.20). I am going try the new update and also try the Philps DVP 642 player, I read that people had good luck with this player. If this nothing works I will wait until dual-layer compatiblity improves. If you come across other information let me know.

Thanks

8. ddlooping

ddlooping Active member

No problem. ;)