1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with 3.40oe-a

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by aplus15, Jul 16, 2007.

1. aplus15

aplus15 Member

Hello all....

Question....when I go into recovery mode on my psp by holding on the R trigger when turning it on it goes into it with no problem but when I hit on configrations...it gives me a blank blue screen with no option to go back...i have to turn off the psp to get out of recovery mode....What's the problem....please help. I have 3.40oe-a

2. haasmon92

haasmon92 Regular member

recover to 1.50 using the recovery winnstaller (google) then re flash back to 3.40 oe-a.

3. aplus15

aplus15 Member

Thanks for your reply really appreciate it.....

So now my next question is how do I do that lolol. Sorry but I'm a def. newbie to all this lol

4. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

5. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

6. haasmon92

haasmon92 Regular member

oncve u've installed recovery with the winnstaller, go to recovery and run program at psp/game/recovery/eboot.pbp and then u'll be at 1.50 wen its done. then go back to 3.40 oe-a.

EDIT: make sure if ur going to 1.50 the u have a memory stick that is 2 gigs or less. the reason why is that psp's with FW 2.80 and lower dont recognise MS with higher capasity than 2 gig so if u recovery w/ a 4 gig, 8 gig, ect. u'll be stuck at 1.50 till u get a smaller memstick. keep that in mind. gewd luck!

7. aplus15

aplus15 Member

Hey Haasmon question....

First how do I get Winnstaller?....is it in my psp already? Oh and I use a Mac so I don't know if that changes things. I do have a 2gig card. And lastly..."oncve u've installed recovery with the winnstaller".....how do I do this lol......I'm really sorry if I sound stupid...I am when it comes to this. I'm also scared that I'll do something wrong and brick my psp. Thanks again.

8. haasmon92

haasmon92 Regular member

u dont sound stupid, i asked questions like "how do i turn on my WLAN switch" and stuff like" how do i put music on my psp" lol. but yea when u get the recovery winnstaller just plug in ur psp to ur mac using the USB cord and go into usb mode. Run the winnstaller and tell it what drive ur psp is (Mine is drive J but urs could be different) and it'll install the recovery file 4 u. dont worry read my sigg. once its done installing to ur mem stick (takes about 3-5 minutes) go into recovery mode and select the option that says :run program at psp/game/recovery/eboot.pbp and u'll be back to 1.50 when it finished. Cheers.

9. haasmon92

haasmon92 Regular member

10. aplus15

aplus15 Member

K first thank you for your help bro I owe you somehow.

Now I got the winstaller from the link you gave me but it's a exe file which doesn't open on a mac. Is this something that I'm gonna have to do from a pc?

11. haasmon92

haasmon92 Regular member

oh. I know that u can manually install the recovery files but i dont know how. good luck. hope u get it working