1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem with 3 different burners please help

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by chev05, Dec 27, 2007.

1. chev05

chev05 Guest

I am trying to back up my xbox 360 games from the 6 year old scratching them up. I have a hitahi drive in the xbox I have used the double layes burner in my laptop, a sony, and a mad dog, and even a magicspin usb burner with all no success of the games reading in the xbox. I am using a freind of mines lite on and the games work that I burn with that burner all the same software same game and verb dvd's. Every game I burn will work in the freinds of mines xbox. The usb burner says their is not enough disk space to use that one. Any ideas what to try.

2. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

You could try setting the booktype to dvd-rom with IMGBurn.

You could try making sure the layerbreak is right (1913760) in IMGBurn.

You could try burning at 4x instead of 2.4x as I personally have had better results with Hitachi's and Verbs burnt at 4x.

3. tyler1993

tyler1993 Regular member

also, make sure that whatever burner you are using, you update to the most recent burner firmware from the manufacturer.

4. wkdclwn

wkdclwn Member

I have a hitachi 47dj and most of the backups i burned at 2.4x wouldnt play it would load it then say "clean disc with a soft cloth"

i recently got a new burner NEC something anyway no matter what i choose it burns them at 8x now and every game has worked flawlessly.

5. tyler1993

tyler1993 Regular member

yea....NEC burners are excellent. i have a 3 year old NEC and it burns flawlessly.

6. wkdclwn

wkdclwn Member

yeah I got scared at first.. cuz every topic i read said burn at 2.4x but after noticing they work im cool with it...

plus at 8x it only takes 18 mins to burn instead of 40

7. chev05

chev05 Guest

They all have layer break in them and I know the iso is good and the way I am doing it since It works on the light on burner I would really like to use my dual layer burner that is usb or the one that is built in to my laptop but am not sure how to update to the newest firmware The one is built into my dell inspiron E1505. The usb burner is a magicspin idvd16ddbe or a model number dvdrw 1016Ui

8. chev05

chev05 Guest

Also I would try to burn at a faster speed but my veeb disks are 2.4x