1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with a Menu

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by varder, Jun 12, 2007.

1. varder

varder Member

I have finally managed after five months to get all my videos from my video camera on the computer. When recording the first DVD everything was fine but at the very end an error came up, saying that there is problem writing the menu on the DVD. Also something about the DVD Engine. Why is it so hard to do something so simple on Nero, it took me so long time to get the videos on my computer, and why there are always errors?? I don't really care about the menu, and because of the menu I now wated two DVDs. I used Nero Vision 4, and I have all the backup files and infos, and the movies of course. Maybe I am using the wrong program? Please Help, this nightmare must end.

2. Billmcma

Billmcma Member

If you are trying to edit and burn the video I suggest you look at a video editing program like Pinnacle's Studio. You can "capture" the video to your PC using either a firewire or USB connector, make any edits you like from within Studio, and then save/burn using Nero. If I am not mistaken Studio will recognize Nero on your PC and you just have to select an option within Studio to burn a DVD. Good luck, Bill

3. varder

varder Member

So you mean that what I did was wrong? Because I didn't use the USB connector I just put in the discs and copied the films on my computer. I did that before. Also I think I found the problem. The blue line showing how much space the movies take from a DVD is slightly before the red line. When burning the DVD the Menu part at the end, the line goes to the middle then stops. Maybe it is because there is no more space for the menu on the DVD. What do you think?