1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with Alcohol 120%

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Roroke, Jun 15, 2003.

1. Roroke

Roroke Guest

I have a working DVD-R backup of one of my PS2-games. As a test for my new burner (Sony DRU-500AX), I copied this backup to an image and wrote it on a DVD+R with Alcohol 120%. Alcohol 120% says there is 1 session, 1 track in DVD-mode on the DVD+R. But when I try to read it from the windows XP explorer, I get an error "I:\ is not accessible Incorrect function" and the "total size" or "free space" are not shown in "My Computer".
    My PS2 (model 4) also does not seem able to read the DVD+R and the same happens in my Sony standalone DVD-player (which is capable of reading DVD-RW and DVD+RW and recognises the DVD-R-backup, although it can not actually read the data of course).

Is my copy a coaster? Did I go wrong when making an image from a DVD-R and putting it on a DVD+R?

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

I have heard of a few problems changing between DVD-R to +R. If it was a working DVD-R in your PS2, what is the need to change it?