1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with Audio and DVD Decrypter

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by ncarty97, Jan 19, 2007.

1. ncarty97

ncarty97 Member

Hey everyone. I'm hoping this is an easy answer, but I'm doubting it.

I've got the last version of DVD Decrypter. I've used it to rip lots of DVD's and never encountered this problem. Suddenly last night, after ripping a few epsiodes of 24 from DVD, it has started ripping them, but with the audio ultra low. I'm using the method where you rip each episode to to a single VOB file. Well, I've tried both a Sopranos DVD and Band of Brothers, and both encode with the audio extremely low. This wasn't happening before and so far as I can tell, I haven't changed anything. I suppose it could be the discs themselves (though they play fine by themselves, and I have ripped other Sopranos DVD's without any problem).

Any idea? Thanks

2. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

there is no easy solution to what you seek. Increasing the volume of a DVD audio channel is not easy. I would just turn up the volume of the TV or surround sound system. To me it's not worth the hassle of breaking down the video and audio and then putting them back together in sync! It's time consuming and a project to do. I just like copying the originals and put them away and use the copies! but good luck with that.

some DVDs have low volume audio channels while others have loud volumes. I personally like DTS audio channels better than the Dolby audio channels. My surround sound comes out louder and better with DTS audio channels and the quality of the sound is better, IMHO!