1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with Audio in DVD-Lab Slideshows

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by mcwhirter, Nov 6, 2004.

1. mcwhirter

mcwhirter Member

I am trying to create a DVD using DVD-Lab. I have the DVD all made up, and I go to compile and everything looks good. But when I try to play it on my DVD player everything works except the audio on the slideshows. The audio doesn't work in WinDVD or Media Player on my computer either. The audio on the menus works fine, and I created them the same way.

I read somewhere that there is a 1:15 time limit on audio for slideshows, so I shortened the audio clip. This time it worked for that slideshow but the audio on the slideshows that worked before doesn't anymore. I'm stumped.

Is this just a glitch in the software? Is there anyway to actually get music to these slideshows? Some of the slideshows are up to 5:15 long. Am I really limited to only 1:15? Any help would be appreciated.

Jake

2. ptwenty

ptwenty Guest

mcwhirter - it's possible to get the audio working in the slideshows.

I've only had it working with DVDLab Pro however.

Is your audio an mp2 file? Does it play ok on a media player before you go to compile in DVDLab?

In DVD Lab pro there's a feature whereby you can stretch your slideshow to fit the running time of the audio track.

If your audio plays fine but is silent when compiled you could also try using FFmpeggui (think that's right) to extract the audio soundtrack from your source (remember pick mp2 and 48000Hz).

Let me know how you get on

Ptwenty