1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem with backed up game, need help please!!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by peterjam, Sep 5, 2004.

1. peterjam

peterjam Member

Hey all
    I have a backup copy of the chronichles of riddick game, but it's damaged, and somebody stole my original game. Now when I put this dvd in my computer I can explore and see its folders and files (which is something you can't do on ordinary back up games, I don't know why, somebody else burned it for me). Now, with this damaged disc, sometimes the xbox recognizes it as a game, and I can play for a few minutes before it tells me the disc is damaged, sometimes it says it's a data dvd, and sometimes it says the tray is empty, when the dvd is inside.
    The problem is that I tried to burn it to a new dvd with nero (using copy dvd to dvd) and it burns it succesfully but somehow neither the computer or the xbox recognizes it, as if the dvd wasn't finalized or closed. I tried to burn the image to my hard drive and then burn the image to dvd and I get the same problem. Now, if I copied the dvd to another dvd, the logical thing would be to have the exact same files in these 2 discs, but as I've explained, it doesn't happen. Can somebody please help me? I've wasted 2 dvd's and I don't want to buy the original game again.
    thanks

2. clarky

clarky Regular member

Ok, explore the dvd. Put all the files onto your pc hd. Open craxtion etc, patch the default .xbe files, create the iso, burn that as an image in nero.

The way it has been burnt allows you to explore the contents. An iso would not have been created from the data.

This should help the xbox read the disk as the iso puts all the files in the right places.

Burn it this way and see how you go.