1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem with backing up james bond dvds

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by t-traxxx, Dec 7, 2004.

1. t-traxxx

t-traxxx Regular member

i've tried to backup some of the more recent james bond films (goldeneye,this world is not enough,die another day), and half way through they error out. i've tried different original bond dvds of the same movie, and the same thing happends. i've backed up many movies, and have never had this happen with any of them.

the programs that i've tried to back the bond dvds up with are- dvdxcopy, dvd shrink, and dvd decrypter.

is it possible to backup the bond dvds? it seems to me that mgm figured out a way to make the bond dvds copy protected, but if that was the case...why wouldn't all new and recent dvds have copy protection?

hopefully someone can shed some light on this situation. thanks in advance!

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

no matter how many times people say that ... it still makes me laugh.

Well they're trying w/ the new Sony ARccOS protection type 4 and the stuff in unreferenced material.

3. camstuf

camstuf Guest

4. colw

colw Active member

I'm with Flip - always amused when one or two people claim that a DVD cannot be burned and there must be some new form of Copy Protection.

In all cases I have seen to date, others have been able to copy and burn the movies without any problems.

Other than damaged orignals, I have get to come across a movie that cannot be copied (including one of the ones mentioned).

There are many variables that can impact on ripping/encoding DVDs but one key is to keep your system lean, mean and clean, avoid software conflicts and do not multitask. Sometimes, something as simple as rebooting your computer when having problems can be very effective in overcomming same.

However, the most common cause still appears to be operator malfunction.

5. t-traxxx

t-traxxx Regular member

thanks for the info guys, i'm on the right track now. i had anydvd a while back, but i didn't see what the point of it was because i've made plenty of backups with the programs i listed before, but i suppose it's good to have an extra backup program if things go wrong with the other ones.

camstuf-
    i agree with you partially about dvdxcopy, it has glitches and that annoying intro screen, but it's the least time consuming compared to the other methods. if it wasn't for that, i would have deleted it a long time ago.

colw-
    the bond dvds cannot be backed up using the programs that i had mentioned (without anydvd in the picture). try it, you'll see. i tried a few copies of the bond dvds that i was trying to backup (in perfect shape, not a single scuff), cause i have had that problem before with a few discs when the encoding on an original dvd is damaged which causes it to error out, and another copy works fine.