1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with Backups

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Sirrajin, Jan 3, 2005.

1. Sirrajin

Sirrajin Member

Hey everyone,

I am trying to backup my movies and my brothers movies. We recently purchased a burner and media. Here is what we are using.

Burner: NEC 3500A 16x4x16x Dual Layer DVD+/-R OEM

Media: Optodisk-OEM 8x DVD-R Inkjet Printable Surface Disks, 25's CakeBox

Software: DVD Decrypter 3.5.1.0, Nero 6.6.0.3 Ultra w/ Nero Recode 2

Computer: HP Pavillion, 1.3 gHZ, 256 MB SD RAM, 60 GB HDD, Windows XP Home

We use Decrypter with Recode and then burn. Smooth sailing throughout the whole process and no multitasking. Playback in cheap model APEX DVD player($40) is flawless and picture quality is excellent. Playback in Pioneer($200 5 years ago) Flawless again. Playback in PS2 flawless and same with playing back on computer.

But playback on Zenith DV5722NC($200 2 years ago) skips at the beginning but quits half way through the movie. I have looked into this model DVD player and it should play DVD-R without a hitch. I recently received a Maxell DVD-R to play on it and it worked fine. If this was a media issue, it surely would not work on all the above mentioned DVD players would it? Playback in the Pioneer and Apex has been flawless through backup of 10 different movies.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. Sirrajin

Sirrajin Member

Does anyone know what to do? I am real stumped here.