1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with BIN / CUE PS2 Backup

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by vinceps2, Dec 9, 2004.

1. vinceps2

vinceps2 Member

I'm trying to burn a backup of my Guilty Gear x2 backup and am having problems. The dvd is around 800mb. I tried converting the bin 2 iso using bin2iso v2.0 and burned using dvd decrypter, but I got a coaster. I opened up alcohol 120 and nero but it only allows my disc to be burned at either 8x or 16x, when I start it stops and asks for a compatible disc, because I have 4x ridata dvd-rs. How do I burn this? Please help...

2. SFisher21

SFisher21 Regular member

go out and buy a dvd that will let you burn at 2x. i noticed that as well that if the disc is capable of burning faster i couldn't change the speed on nero. at least i couldn't figure it out.

3. vinceps2

vinceps2 Member

Does anyone know for guilty gear X2 which is over 800mb, do I need to convert the bin to iso? I tried that with bin2iso but it didnt work in dvd decryptor, anyone know how to burn this properly?

4. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

Sounds like you have a CD rip. Have you tried burning to a CD yet?

5. vinceps2

vinceps2 Member

Hi, thanks, you're right Icemonkey. However, I used alcohol 120 to burn it at 4x (does speed matter when burning a ps2 cd-r?, cuz I could have burned it higher), but used crappy acer cd-r to burn the backup.

When I loaded it with swap magic cd 3.3, the game boots up fine, but after character select, and fight screen, the gameplay doesnt load up, it just goes blank. Is it because of a bad cd-r? And any particular settings I need to use in alcohol 120, I chose playstation 2 for this burn. Please Help!

6. vinceps2

vinceps2 Member

I just tried using a fujifilm cd-r for this game and it still does the same thing. After you select your character, and it shows the vs screen, it just goes black and the disc stops spinning. THis time I burned it at 8X using Alcohol 120% with Playstatio 2 selected. Please Help somebody..

7. Drifty

Drifty Member

slow down!! 8x arrrrggg!!! :p

try burning at 1x or 2x :)

8. SFisher21

SFisher21 Regular member

if you are not going to listen to what people say don't come back and post saying your game doesn't work. slow down the burn speed. try it at 1x or 2x just like Drifty said above.