1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with burning backup ps2 games

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by gentiger, Jan 17, 2005.

1. gentiger

gentiger Member

Hi, I have backup copies of a few games already ripped to my pc (Prince of Persia: Warrior Within, Phantom Brave, Megaman X Command Mission, and Shadow Hearts Covenant) However, every time I try to burn the games for use on my ps2 (using a fliptop and swapmagic ver 3.3) I always get a message from swapmagic saying not a valid ps2 disk. I've gotten this on all games I've burned personally so far. Tried 2 different brands of dvds (Memorex and FujiFilm) 2 different dvd r drives, and still no luck. I've used dvd decrypter and clonedvd both and still no luck with anything I've tried to burn. I do have other backups (Disgaea and KoF: Max Impact) that work. They are on memorex dvdrs and were burned using dvd decrypter by someone else. I have No idea what's going wrong, but any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

what format are these in, iso, individual files, etc?

3. lilzee

lilzee Member

try reading/writing at a slower speed

4. TEARLEZZ

TEARLEZZ Member

or try alcohol120% and try some thing like ritek of verbatim dvd media and burning at low speed can help too and is better

5. gentiger

gentiger Member

1. Tried burning at lower speed. Changed speed setting with dvd decrypter however the program automatically writes at 2.4x every time, reguardless of what I set it at. Games are in .ISO format. And what exactly is alcohol 120% supposed to do? I know it's a cd/dvd ghosting utility, but I don't see what it has to do with copying dvds.

Thanks again in advance, everyone.

6. hursty

hursty Active member

have you ever used it?
    obviously not
    alcohol 120% is a very competant piece of kit
    and run your memerox dvd's through dvd identifier,to see who made them,they are notoriously bad for copying ps2 games.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2005
  7. rknothing

rknothing Member

I just burned March Madness 2004 onto a memorex dvd-r using Dvd decrypter, and it worked like a charm. If using decrypter, trying buring the mds file instead. (thats what i did) if it says there is an I/O error, just push retry and it should work fine

8. abx

abx Guest

I can't get even a single PS2 DVD backup to work on my Sony DVD burner but 20 backups have worked flawlessly when burnt with my MADDOG. If you can try another burner.