1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with burning digital movie files

Discussion in 'Digital photography' started by bellarine, Mar 13, 2007.

1. bellarine

bellarine Member

Hi all, Hubby bought me a Sony DSC-S600 digital camera for Christmas. I have no problems with still shots, but we took some video of our border collie playing in the back yard, and dont know how to convert them to a cd.

I have 4 files of about 1 minute each with an extension .MPG. I've tried to load them into Nero, and am getting this error message;

"Cannot add file 'C:/Documents and settings/username/My Documents/My Pictures/7-02-2007/MOV00059.MPG'
    The file 'C:/Documents and settings/username/My Documents/My Pictures/7-02-2007/MOV00059.MPG' is invalid - need MPEG-1 which was encoded for video-CD
    audio: 44.1 kHz; stereo; 224 kbit/s
    video: 352 x 240 / 29.97 Hz or 352 x 240 / 23.976 Hz or 352 x 288 / 25 Hz

The following problems were found:
    - stream encoding which is invalid for a (Super) video CD
    - no video
    - no audio"

I've have previously burnt .mpg and .mpeg files using Nero, but this is my first time trying to burn our own digital video files. I have win xp sp2 and using Nero 6.3.1.25.

Our border collie has since passed away, so these files are very valuable now and I dont want to mess them up. Can someone help this newbie please? Thanks in advance.

2. NINVIN21

NINVIN21 Regular member

Hello, Since these files are very valuable the first thing you should do is Make a new folder and Copy and Paste your videos in there so you have backups and you don't have to worry if some thing goes wrong.

When you get the error message
    Does Nero give you three option's.

1.Turn Off Standard Compliance and continue
    2.Re-Encode the Video File
    3.Close
    If so.

Click Re-Encode the Video File
    and Nero should add it.

Let me know if it works out ok.

Also Burn at the Slowest speed!

3. bellarine

bellarine Member

Thanks for your reply and advice Ninvin. I have since copied the files into C:/ for safe keeping.

No, I dont get any further options after the error message. There is also no where on the nero program that I can see to click on 're-encode'. There is a total lack of options to do anything following this error message.

I have also tried the dvd option, but nothing is happening there either. I'm assuming (perhaps incorrectly?) that Nero is not recognising these files from a digital camera. The error message states there is no audio or video, although the files play perfectly in WMP. Or perhaps a codec issue?

Thanks again for your help.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2007