1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem With Burning Movies

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by vernitude, Sep 13, 2004.

1. vernitude

vernitude Member

I have DVD+R recordable dvd 4x Compatible 4.7gb/2hrs video discs. I tried imation first, now i have staples. I rip to movie into files iso/mds with dvd decrypter. I have no problems with ripping. Even rip The Punisher no problem. But the problem comes up with I wanna burn. I keep getting this error message that I don't have enough space on my discs? It gives image file size and disc size. But the second movie I burn Behind Enemy Lines is only an hour and 5 mins and my disc can get up to 2 hrs video? I have tried burning with dvd decrypter, dvd shrink 3.2, and Alcohol 120%. I can not figure out what is going on. If anyone can help it will be truly appericated. Thanks, Vern

2. agent-k

agent-k Regular member

vernitude,
    are you shrinking the movie files to a small enough size to fit on the disc?

3. vernitude

vernitude Member

I dont think I am, the file for Behind Enemy Lines for iso is 7.32 gb and mds 8.23 kb. The Punisher Iso is 7.84 gb and mds is 8.22 kb. How do I do shrink the files smaller? Later, vernitude.

4. agent-k

agent-k Regular member

When you use Dvd shrink to compress the movie, you need to make sure the target size is set to DVD-5.
    This will shrink it to exactly the right size to fit on your blank dvd.
    There are guides here on Afterdawn to make sure that you are using dvd shrink properly.
    Have a read when you have time.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]
    Athlon XP2500+Barton OC'd to XP3200+ running at 2.2Ghz
    Asus A7N8X-X
    1Gig 400DDR Ram
    160Gb Seagate Barracuda[/small]

Last edited: Sep 14, 2004
  5. vernitude

vernitude Member

do you know how to make them smaller in dvd decrypter?

6. agent-k

agent-k Regular member

Dvd decrypter doesn't compress movies, only decrypts them.
    In future, if you use dvd shrink to decrypt and shrink the movie it can be set to automatically use Nero to burn the resulting files to a dvd, all in one go.
    You can still do that now with the video files that you have on your hard drive.
    Or you can use nero recode if you have it, to compress and burn the files that you already have.

7. vernitude

vernitude Member

ok so with the files i got could you give me step by step on to compress and burn with dvd shrink or nero. If you both that would be great. But if ones better than the other do that one then. I got both of those programs, Thanks Vern
    p.s. we can chat on a messenger if u want