1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem with burning time

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by juice77, Jan 23, 2005.

1. juice77

juice77 Member

hello i am new to this and i have started burning a dvd that is 2 hours long through dvd shrink. the estimated time is said it would take is 3 hours. i have an lg 8x burner and presently it has done 55%and it has taken about an hour and a half.any help would be appreciated

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

Is it still going through the process? Can you post your system specs? Are you using deep analysis and/or quality enhancements? Have you checked your ide settings?

3. juice77

juice77 Member

yes the process is still going,its at 88% and about 2 and a half hours in. my burner is an 8X and i havent checked my ide settings because i dont know how to change them.all suggestions have been to change them from pio to dma but i am using windows millenium and all help has been for xp and i just cant seem to figure out how to change that setting

4. fez1122

fez1122 Member

Well I beleive that it is your computer. I have a brand new top of the line dvd burner and when i run it on my older computer the whole burning process takes a very long time 2+ hours. Then I tried burning on my new Desktop, its a dell 2.0 ghz 60 gb hd and it takes about 20 minutes to backup a dvd. So i'd say its your computer speed so either buy a new somp or upgrade your old one.

Hope this helps

5. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

lol ... Ya missed the part where people post about No Multitasking.

And, ya didn't answer all my questions.