1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with Burning XGD3 Games

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Chicago2564, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Chicago2564

Chicago2564 Newbie

Hello and thanks for taking the time to help people with their Xbox issues,

My problem is that Im having trouble burning XGD3 games with Imgburn for some reason. I always get the dreaded L-EC uncorrectable error, aka I/O error. This is a bit strange to me because I burn XGD2 games extremely smoothly (avg. PI around 3 and avg PIF around 0.4). My drive is Samsung SH224BB updated to the latest firmware and its compatible with BurnerMax payload. I use Verbatim MKM001.

I have searched literally everywhere and have tried literally anything anyone has suggested on every forum. Ive tried turning OPC and Burn-Proof off, changing the buffer size, changing the buffer recovery threshold, cleaning the drive, using the drive on a different computer, closing all other apps, setting Imgburn priority to high, and so much other stuff that I cant even remember. Ive wasted at least 10 disks trying to burn several XGD3 games, and still not even 1 successful burn clear.png

I would greatly appreciate any help you guys could give me. My Imgburn log is pasted below and the error message I received is here: postimg.org/image/z58dvg3yv/

2. RIARA

RIARA Regular member

Loos like you aren't enabling the burnermax payload tool

3. Chicago2564

Chicago2564 Newbie

What do you mean by that? I'm sending the payload and Imgburn is showing that I have > 8.7gb available on the disk.

4. richietea

richietea Regular member

Dont forget that all payload compatible drives are very trial and error.Just because they enable the extra space does not necessarily mean "good burns" even with tweaking everything.Xgd3 games are larger in size.The only thing i can suggest is change to verbatim 003's (Singapore),burn in safe mode.If all bad burns have come from the same spindle of disks i would start there first.Are you trying to verify the disk if so remove the tick.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2013