1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PROBLEM WITH CLONE DVD

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by hctr3, Apr 14, 2005.

1. hctr3

hctr3 Member

Here is my problem. I'm using Clone DVD to copy movies to my hard drive. Then latter, I will go back and use Clone DVD again to write the movies to a DVD disk. 4 out of 6 times I tried last night, the program would lock up before it finished writing the movies to the disk. I tried slowing down the burning speed all the way to X1, but it still locked up. It is not them actual files on the hard drive, because I have sucessfully put it on a DVD before. Any ideas?? Thanks for your time.

2. squizzle

squizzle Active member

what kind of media are you using? And what are your computer specs?

3. hctr3

hctr3 Member

Hey - I think I may have solved my problem last night. I belive it was the media. I was using some cheap Comp USA DVD's and then I tried Memorex. 5 straight burns with the Memorex worked fine. I know they are not everyones fav, but they worked ok for me. Thanks for your time.

4. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

Quality media will generally help the success rate of burns. :)

5. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Never use CompUSA they are really the bottom, had nothing but bad burns with these disks ended up throwing them out.

6. squizzle

squizzle Active member

sometimes Memorex are good, sometimes they are bad. Kinda like a crapshoot.

7. hctr3

hctr3 Member

It's funny though. I have used the Comp USA disks with DVD Xcopy with actually really good sucess. Just kinda strange how now when I use Clone DVD program I have problems. But if I want to contiue to write the movies to my hard drive so I can burn them later, I have to use the Clone program. So I guess I'm forced to improve my media. Thanks for your comments.