1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with Collateral

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by patsoli, Jan 10, 2005.

1. patsoli

patsoli Member

Scuba Pete or anyone who knows their stuff, help!!! I've run into some trouble with Collateral. I tried almost everything and nothing is working. I've burned other movies like Troy, Manchurian Candidate, and other new ones without a problem. I yet have not tried RE2 or Bourne Supremacy yet but will attempt it as soon as I get a copy. With collateral, it is giving problems during my writing process with this error using Decrypter...

I/O Eror!

Device: [1:0:0] HL -DT -ST DVD +RW GCA -4040N 1.19 (D:) (ATA)

ScsiStatus: 0x02
    Interpretation: Check Condition

CDB: 2A 00 00 13 E4 40 00 00 20 00
    Interpretation: Write (10) - Sectors: 1303616 - 1303647

Sense Area: 70 00 05 00 00 00 00 0E 00 00 00 00 24 00 00 00
    Interpretation: Invalid Field in CDB

I've tried backing up with Shrink first then burn with Nero but it didn't work. Then I tried using Shrink and then Decrypter following all of Uncle Pete's instructions in your guide but still did not work. So at last I tried reading with Decrypter, open that Disc image with Shrink and backup, then Write with Decrypter but it still gave me problems during the writing process. I must've attempted each of these multiple time and gave myself a lifetime worth of coasters. Please help!!! Thank you.

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

So the disc ripped fine and your problem is trying to write, correct?

Last edited: Jan 10, 2005
  3. patsoli

patsoli Member

yes, it ripped with either shrink or decrypter but it wont write with nero or decrypter.

4. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Have you tried to burn any other DVDs since the mess up with Collateral and if so what were the results?

5. sean5775

sean5775 Regular member

I was able to burn collateral with DVD Shrink And Nero. No problems whatsoever.

6. patsoli

patsoli Member

sean... can u tell me the settings u had with shrink when u burned collateral and and audio u tick or un-ticked. My green bar for some reason stays at 4464 MB even tho i un-ticked the all the foreign languages and DTS audio. I'd apprecaite it if u or anyone who burned Collateral can gime the exact steps with options and preference settings.

7. patsoli

patsoli Member

I burned Manchurian Candidate and it was fine.

8. larrylje

larrylje Active member

patsoli your green bar will stay green even after you un-tick subpictures and audio files. It just adjustes the compression of the rest of the files you have selected to fit the specific size you have selected in your prefrences. The only way the green bar will go lower then that is if you dont have any compression at all on the movie and the movie size is less then your setting of 4464. Also alot of people have trouble burnning the DVDs to the edge of the blank DVD. So most custom size the final DVD to 4430 so the burn dosent go to the edge of the DVD.