1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem with completion of process at 61%

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by Appa, Mar 8, 2007.

1. Appa

Appa Regular member

I am using nero 6.6.0.18 and have been for sometime and am very satisfied with it until now.
    I use it with my purchased version of Any Dvd.
    I have 2 dvd's of my childrens library that I am trying to back-up and after Nero completes reading it and the burning process starts both dvd's get to 60% and it gets stuck and I end up with an error for both dvd's.

I am using dual layer fuji discs as well as Sony which are compatible with my external BenQ burner the 162I.

I backed up another Disney dvd of the kids and it was fine it is only these 2 that are problematic. It is going to be Spring Break here and I don't want them going to their camp with the originals.

Does anyone have ideas???

Thankyou.

Nero is version 6.6.0.18
    Any Dvd version 6130, the latest version.

I am getting frustrated throwing out the dual layer dvd's. I hope that someone has suggestions.

I noted on the dvd case that it says: dual layer format may trigger a signal pause????? Is that the issue for the process getting stuck at 60% processing??

Thankyou for your time.

2. Appa

Appa Regular member

I have tried other dual layer dvd's to back up and still get stuck at the 62% burning stage????

Is there a problem with this version??

I did my first one fine and these other 4 have all got stuck at this processing stage???

I hope that someone can advise, thankyou.

3. sorrow93

sorrow93 Regular member

Appa
    I am a newbie but recommend posting your history log for the failed burns and someone here will analyse them and give advice.
    I'd try to upgrade both firmware and nero to Nero 7 or above.
    perhaps consider getting a copy of CloneDVD to compliment the Any DVD and they should work better.
    the dual-layer trigger pause should, as far as I know, not stop the process
    hope any of this helps?
    one last bit of advice if you get sick of the price of the dual-layers (they are expensive) maybe get the normal single layers and shrink the movies down using Clone or Shrink you should not notice much image quality loss and it's easy and cheap :)

4. Appa

Appa Regular member

Thx for the reply, my siblings tried out the Nero 7 and put it on the back burner b/c of problems and so I continue with Nero 6, maybe the version I am using is not the best??? 6.6.0.18 and my firmware is uptodate.

I have checked with BenQ, I find it sort of puzzling as my first dual layer was fine, just the subsequent ones and I made no changes to my notebook. i.e. no new programs installed etc.

I have Clone dvd on my older notebook, about 3 years old; however am using my new notebook with Nero and the purchased Nero 6.

I hope that someone has suggestions re this version. Maybe it is the version, although it did do my first d/l backup fine. And my HD has a lot of space available and I cleaned out my temps and did a reboot, but to no avail.
    Best Regards.

5. sorrow93

sorrow93 Regular member

sorry to post twice but don't worry you have arrived at the right forum and normally there is a solution to every problem
    I have a feeling your Nero 6+ might be outdated but if you'd like to get the movies done for your children you can always download a free trial of CloneDVD from the official website a 30 day trial small file
    and if Clone and Any do the job right you can bet Nero needs upgrading to version 7 or above
    kind regards

6. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

As suggested, post your Nero history log, located here

Nero 6 history log location: Program Files>Ahead>Nero>NeroHistory.txt

Nero 7 history log location: Program Files>Nero>Nero 7>Core>NeroHistory

6.6.0.18 is the "Best" version of Nero 6 and I use 7.5.9.0

7. Appa

Appa Regular member

Thx Gwendolin, I will have to pursue that. My older notebook, a toshiba 3 years old has clone and 1 click dvd copy on it and any dvd, however I wanted to try Nero and got 1 good d/l out of it and then problems with the kids 2 others and then my own that I thought that I would try to b/u and it did the same thing.
    I always thought that this version was the most stable and thus I keep using it, but now I am throwing out discs.
    I do want to get them done for the kids, however want to know how to cure this issue.
    I will try to get to posting what is going on, not tonight as it is 4 am and i just got finished a work project for presentation in 5 hrs time.
    I indeed thankyou for your attention.
    Best Regards.

8. sorrow93

sorrow93 Regular member

Appa - gwendolin will help you no doubt.
    just from personal experience my Nero 6 was pretty poor at dvd burning I could recommend Nero 7 premium which I use now but it's not cheap.
    I would only spend the cash if you are going to do some serious burning otherwise stick with Clone and Any maybe some other freeware program too.
    I have not burned dual-layer yet myself they are out of my price range so I get the singles and compress the long movies down.
    I hope you solve your problems
    cheers