1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with computer shutting down during DVD burning

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by carrottop, Nov 23, 2007.

1. carrottop

carrottop Member

Hello- I am not that techically adept so I will try and describe my problems as simply as possible.

When I go to decrypt a DVD, I use DVD fab decrypter. Then I shut that down and go to Nero Recode to burn DVD copy. Problem is somewhere in between these two events is when I eject the main movie and insert my blank DVD, a windows pop up comes on to ask me what I want to do with my DVD? It gives me several options like Burn using Nero...., use windows media player....etc. Since I want to use Nero Recode, I selected Burn with Nero and checked the box for always use this action. So in the middle of Nero Recode, my computer will just go black and then an old dos-looking screen comes up, booting from CD??? Anyway, once I eject the DVD, Windows starts back up and there is a note that Windows just recovered from a serious error. I click don't send.

If anyone can follow this rambling please help me out. I have tried googling Windows XP shutdown issues, and get alot of stuff that I can't quite understand. I have a feeling somewhere between DVD Fab Decrypter, Nero, and my computer there is some kind of conflict going on. Thanks.

2. attar

attar Senior member