1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem with copying a copy- please help

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by pcshateme, Dec 28, 2003.

1. pcshateme

pcshateme Guest

i copied "forbidden planet" and "x-2" using dvd decrypter, and DVD2One, the copies had no errors, play fine all the way through on my pc and dvd player, and have NO scratches, but now i want to copy the copies, and DVD decrypter says "cylindric redondency error" or something like that after decoding like half the movie, i have also tried smart ripper, DVD shrinks built in ripper, and since the CSS coding was already removed when i made the copies, i even tried copying the files directly to my hard drive. with both movies, i get about half way and it stops, but yet the discs are in mint condition and work all the way through on my pc and my dvd player. i dont have the origional movies anymore, and realy want to make backups of my backups, any help would be very appreciated.

2. yozzer

yozzer Guest

i had the same problem it turned out to be my crappy optorite dd0203 writer once i changed to pioneer 106 ok

3. yozzer

yozzer Guest

i had the same problem it turned out to be my crappy optorite dd0203 writer once i changed to pioneer 106 ok

4. pcshateme

pcshateme Guest

i have 35 other backups, so i doubt its my burner, i use it almost every day

5. pcshateme

pcshateme Guest

i have 35 other backups, so i doubt its my burner, i use it almost every day

6. whassup

whassup Regular member

Your original backups are already decrypted. You don't even need to use Decryptor. And since it's already on a DVD-R, you don't need to use DVD2One.

Just use Nero or whatever and do a straight "DVD to DVD Copy".

7. Bodene

Bodene Regular member

As whassup mentioned, the flicks have already been decrypted, so it's pointless to use any of your decrytion software to try and *rip* them again. To copy a copy, use one of these methods.

1) Use DVD Decrypter set to ISO mode. It will extract the data and convert it into an ISO image on your HD, then, it'll prompt u to insert a blank DVDr and burn it for u. Some folks say this works...others tell me it failed.

2) You said you tried this and failed, but you should be able to drag and drop the VIDEO_TS folder onto your HD. The only reason I can think of that might cause this to fail would that your HD is in need of defragging, or the disc needs to be cleaned.

3) Just about any DVD enabled software has a *copy disc* feature. You should be able to do it in ISO mode, or on-the-fly if u have 2 drives. This is how *I* copy a copy.

Lastly, tiz illegal to possess a backup of an original you no longer own. Once you sell or give away the original, you have to send the backup with it._X_X_X_X_X_[small]There is no problem so big, that a brick placed against the proper skull cannot fix =)[/small]

Last edited: Dec 30, 2003
  8. RWG

RWG Regular member

If you can't do a 1:1 copy I'd bet your disc has some corrupt data on it - not enough for you to see but enough for a computer to detect.

RWG

9. pcshateme

pcshateme Guest

the discs were ORIGIONALY copyied with DVD2One, and I used the ISO extractor on DVD Decrypter- i said i used dvd decryptor. I tried Nero 6 to make a one to one copy and all the programs do the same thing, cut out at about half way, and they play through all the way on my pc, i only tried to use DVD Shrink because i just thought that maybe it might get the files converted onto my hard drive even though there decrypted. And like i said, i tried "dragging and droping the files" as well- EVERY method cuts out at abour halfway, the discs are in mint condition, no scratches.

10. john179

john179 Active member

Try to straight copy with nero or clone dvd if this does not copy look in the error log to see if it has something to do with the way you backed up the dvd in the first place.Nero will normally give you a break down of the problem.I would also recomend you use smart ripper and clone dvd to back your films up in the future then you can use Nero to straight copy these films in the future with the best results.Honest these 2 programes is all you need it baffles me why people use others has i have used dvd rippers you mention and find that it lacks some what.
    Cheers
    John.

11. pcshateme

pcshateme Guest

um i do believe i said i used nero LIKE 4 TIMES IN THIS TOPIC! and the "error report" basicaly gives me a long chain of unitellegiable computer laguage and codes.

12. RWG

RWG Regular member

I have the same problem you are passionately explaining with 10-12 of my 125+ DVD backups. My friend SVCD's all my DVDs for his use. The ones he can't rip with DVD2SVCD I can't rip or copy, move files from or extract with all the tools I have in my aresenal of programs.

You have corrupt data on your copy - and I don't care how pretty and clean they are.

Do you know what a CRC error is? You have to know what CRC is first.

I'm done here.

RWG

13. pcshateme

pcshateme Guest

well then- how do you fix the "corrupt data"?

14. pdmj

pdmj Member

i use blindwrite version 5 for all my copy to copy dvds works all the time-every time

15. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

16. vietorisz

vietorisz Member

Hi there, just an advice! Once you get corrupt data on a disc it will be impossible to repair. The crc problems do not effect playback and sometimes these analog "errors" are used for disc protection. You can try copying your corrupt disc using Alcohol 120% or Nero-s image maker and check the box "skip read errors" but the result will also be corrupt or will not play back. I met this problem even with original discs. You have to make another copy of the same movie but using a different source disc.

17. pcshateme

pcshateme Guest

i fixed the problem. not with any fancy programs, or anything special, i just thought out of the box. I noticed that both DVDs "freak out" at the same place everytime. So i use DVD shrink with video preview and figured out when on the dvd they stopped encoding. Then i used its "start - end" feature and told it to end before the glitch, encoded it, than did it again only telling it to start a few seconds after the glitch. Then i use "reauthor" DVD Shrink to combine the 2 separate titles, encoded them and burned them. They burned fine and play fine, just where the two titles were made theres a slight pause.

18. whassup

whassup Regular member

Actually, I would've tried obtaining an original "somewhere" and backed it up using that. For me, if it isn't a perfect back-up, it's not worth keeping. ;-)

How do you store your DVD-R's? I used to use those see-thru/translucent half-sized CD cases. However, a lot of light was getting through. Over time, errors starting appearing.

19. pcshateme

pcshateme Guest

i keep them in jewel cases (thats what they come in cause i dont buy them in bulk

20. mark666

mark666 Guest

This happened to me with quite a few backups, turned out to be the labels.Took them off and they copied perfectly.