1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with copying content to DVD-R

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by armydlguy, Oct 22, 2007.

1. armydlguy

armydlguy Member

I'm having a problem copying content from my TV to DVD-R's. I am using a Magnavox DVD recorder purchased from Sam's Club that claims to handle all formats, but when I try to record, about five minutes into it, I get an error message, and the machine does not offer a format feature. Is there a way to reformat disks after some content has been written, even though the disk has not been finalized?

thanks.

2. attar

attar Senior member

Not with DVD+R or DVD-R.
    If the machine can handle DVD+RW or DVD-RW media, then they could be erased.

3. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

armydlguy- at the risk of sounding silly & not knowing the particular model recorder you have ? You might want to check whether the compatible with all formats actually means record and play or just Play ! Magnavox is to the best of my knowledge a Philips Brand ( owned By & made for ) and Philips is one of the Big wheeels in the DVD+R Camp ! SO perhaps your recorder will play all formats but record only to DVD+R/ DVD+RW ? so you may want to look into that 1st ? goos luck armydlguy

4. attar

attar Senior member