1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem with crackdown

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by wabashman, Feb 21, 2007.

1. wabashman

wabashman Active member

ok....so as we all know, you cant simply use schtrom to backup this game (crackdown) but you can do it by using XBC by unlocking the drive, backing up the current partition, then obtaining the SS PMI DFI files from the game, and use SSmerger1.7b to make a good .iso file and burn it with clonecd just like normal. but my problem is i did the process just like that, and the darn backup wont play at all. it just sits there and reads the disc, and then says its unplayable. so did i do something wrong, or what? any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks all

2. nmpue

nmpue Guest

Tried using Xbox Backup Creator and burning with Imgburn, just keeps reading and won't boot.

3. wabashman

wabashman Active member

nevermind, finally got it to work right. dont know what i did differently other than use XBC and SS meger while runing XP and not vista. so oh well.

4. cleargold

cleargold Regular member

When you merge what does it say afterwards in SS merger 1.7b
    I get iso is xtreme length or something like that
    does that mean it worked

5. wabashman

wabashman Active member

when i insert the iso file, it said it was extreme length, and if i wanted to check the md5, i just said no since it never connects so it doesnt check it anyways, just saves a few minutes or waste time. after that i inserted the SS and other two files, unchecked the name NME compatabile ISO. and checked the fill with blank box instead of instert video file. then click the merge thing and create layer break button thing. then about 5-10 minutes later it said file sucessfully merged, or done, something like that. then under that it said you can burn crackdown.iso with clonecd. but i used imageburn to burn it this time since i know everygame i burn with imageburn works. hope that helps

6. reppin519

reppin519 Regular member

hey thanks on the info..i did as you said so i put it in my xbox everything looked good it came up and everything..until i got start my game and pick my guy..it starts to load and thats it just keeps loadin..maybe its the dvd i used..didnt have any other left so had to use a vakoss never heard of it..think thats my prob?

Last edited: Feb 21, 2007
  7. nmpue

nmpue Guest

You're a champion wabashman, did it the way you did and it works!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2007
  8. cleargold

cleargold Regular member

Holy Poop it worked. Man I have been trying this with NCAA MM for a month and nobody could get the settings down for me. I love you in a non gay way wabashman, you are my mergin hero

9. wabashman

wabashman Active member

well glad i could be of assitance to you all. and the funny thing is cleargold is that i go to an all-male college. so if you did love me without stating the non gay way, i would be pretty scared and never post on here again, haha. and for reppin, if could be the media as i havent heard of that brand either. but what kind of burner are you using, and what drive do you have in the 360. if its a samsung and you havent upgraded the FW to the 5.2 or whatever the new one is you might want to, i read it suppose to be easier to use "cheaper" media with it. but im still runing 4.2 or something like that i think. i figured ill upgrade with the i get that blaster thingy so i dont have to continue to take the case apart all the time. well off to get some lunch, have a nice day all

10. reppin519

reppin519 Regular member

i dont know my burner but all my other game (25) all worked with no prob..havent upgrade my fw as i dont do it myself.i got in done a week before x-mas...so ill just try the good dvd's as it almost worked with that crappy one

Last edited: Feb 22, 2007
  11. wabashman

wabashman Active member

yea, if the burner made working copies before, then i would rule that out as well. so that leaves the media. i would try it with a verb and see how it goes. best of luck.

12. reppin519

reppin519 Regular member

can you upgrade from the fw i have to 5.2? or do you need the orginal firmware

13. navsav

navsav Regular member

Hey I tried that and the problem is ssmerger 1.7b seems to not take any time before it tell me its done - i hit the merge button and it spops up done intnstantly? I set it exactly as explained above.

14. reppin519

reppin519 Regular member

hey wabashman it was the dvd i used..got verbtim and it workz like a charm..ur da man!

15. navsav

navsav Regular member

anyone else have a problem where ss merger takes no time to create the dvd file - literally zero seconds.

16. nickelz34

nickelz34 Guest

yah when i use ssmerger and hit merge it merges pretty friggin fast like one sec and then it tells me you can now burn the .dvd file with clone cd blah blah blah. i use imgburn to burn tha cd it works like a charm but ive never had a problem with the ssmerger even though it merges at like lightning speed lol. all my backups work. and vista seems to be a problem operating system for me when i try to make backups. i hate vista it suckss

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2007
  17. wabashman

wabashman Active member

i havent had a problem with vista before this, but i think it might have just been because i used clonecd, and for some reason it has a hard time making working backups for me. becuase if memory serves me correctly, that is the reason why i started using imageburn. and i think you need your origonal FW to upgrade, but im not sure with the new ones, you might be able to put ur current FW in and modify it for the new 5.2 but dont take my word for it.

18. reppin519

reppin519 Regular member

got told i can get the keys from the one i have and then upgrade to 5.2 thanks man....

19. wabashman

wabashman Active member

no problem, best of luck with upgrading!!

20. pushur

pushur Member

Xbox Backup Creator + XBOX360 SS Merger 1.7b + CloneCD = Working Backup of Crackdown