1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem With Discs

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by Dumbpoopy, Nov 24, 2007.

1. Dumbpoopy

Dumbpoopy Regular member

I just recently got a camera for my birthday, it's a Canon DC210 Dvd camcorder, I just used it for the first time last night and went to play it in the comp and it won't work, it tells me the drive is not accessible. I assumed that it was as easy as putting the dvd in the drive and playing it but obviously not, do you think I need certain drivers (searched and couldn't find any) to view the disc or a certain program or a piece of hardware?

2. attar

attar Senior member

I don't have one, but most of these devices require that the disk be 'finalized' in the recorder - was it finalized?

3. Dumbpoopy

Dumbpoopy Regular member

mmm maybe thats why nothing will show up, ill check and see if theres an option that sounds logical.

4. Dumbpoopy

Dumbpoopy Regular member

sorry for the double post, I tried to edit some wording in my last post but accidently hit the qoute button

Last edited: Nov 24, 2007
  5. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

There is definitely an option to finalize the disc, because finalizing it is the only way it will be of any use.

6. Dumbpoopy

Dumbpoopy Regular member

okay, i found the finalize disc option in the cam, but its not clickable, so would the disc have to be full to use it?

7. attar

attar Senior member

Is it possible that the cam has to be connected to the AC power, else it won't let you (in case the battery dies during the process and the disk is unusable).

8. Dumbpoopy

Dumbpoopy Regular member

mmm well that sucks i only have a battery charger, not the camera charger, i actually dont even know if it takes one.

9. whytelyou

whytelyou Guest

I have the same model... Read my reply here http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/593190