1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with displaying 480p

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Grravy, Jan 30, 2007.

1. Grravy

Grravy Member

I have this weird problem with displaying progressive scan (for NTSC games) on my hdtv. My console is a PAL ps2, for which I have 3.6 Swap Magic. When I insert a PAL game that supports progressive scan, it displays that just fine, no problems there. However, when I put in a NTSC game via swap magic and turn on the prog scan option in a game that supports it, it doesn't display properly. 3/4 of the screen turns black and only on the bottom half do I see a part of the game. I tried this with Tekken 5 and Valkyrie Profile 2, and both did this. I could take a picture of it but the bottom line is that it doesn't display the game like it should. I really can't pinpoint the reason for this, since 480p works with PAL games. My tv type is Samsung le26r72b.
    What's also weird: while running ntsc games through component, I get these weird, irritating lines that run over the entire screen, also an issue that I don't have with PAL games. I don't get it, this tv should put out NTSC just fine right?

2. Grravy

Grravy Member

Nobody who has an idea?