1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with DV-AVI file in VDub

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by DSMKilla, May 16, 2007.

1. DSMKilla

DSMKilla Member

I captured video from my Sony MiniDV cam, thru Windows Movie Maker in DV-AVI format via firewire. Now when I play the file back thru VDub it is distorted at a certain part of the video. But now if I play the same file back with WMP11 the whole video plays just fine. See video below.

*NOTES ON VIDEO*
    Please be sure to turn the volume on your computer down a little because the noise is quite loud.
    On the left monitor I have the file open in VDub-MPEG2 v1.6.15 and when I click PLAY INPUT you will notice that that the video plays but the audio is just noise.

Now when I play the SAME VIDEO via WMP 11, you will see that it plays just fine. So what the heck could be causing this?

CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO

What could be causing this? It does the SAME exact thing with another video file that I captured as well. Part of the video will play fine and part of it won't when playing with VDub, but if I use WMP11 the video plays all the way thru just fine. I need VDub to work so I can edit the video.

2. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

Check what DV decoder VDub is using.

3. DSMKilla

DSMKilla Member

Alright where do I find that option at?

4. DSMKilla

DSMKilla Member

Alright I solved the problem. This is probably the most RETARDED solution to even think that this would work but here it goes.

All I did was take the original DV-AVI that Windows Movie Maker created when I captured the video from my camera, I re-imported it into Windows Movie Maker, and then saved the file ONCE AGAIN as a DV-AVI file and now the file works PERFECT. Why it works now I have no clue lol.