1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem with dvd copy using clone dvd

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by hotspot47, Jan 22, 2004.

1. hotspot47

hotspot47 Member

Using pioneer 106, with clonedvd and anydvd,copied dvd plays on dvd burner, dvd player for tv set and notebook toshiba however it does not play on the lg8080b on the desktop that seems to stack. Can anybody give advice

2. RWG

RWG Regular member

Stack? You lost me - I followed you from software used, works on burner, stand alone DVD player the Toshiba notebook. LG (aka Goldstar) is a:

DVD-ROM?
    DVD Player?

I'm 51 and started programming 1n '73 using Fortran, card punch and card reader. I can give you "umpteen" definations for [bold]stack.[/bold]

RWG

3. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

"however it does not play on the lg8080b, or the desktop; that seems to stick or stop"

Fasfrank,
    newbie translator ;)

4. RWG

RWG Regular member

Frank-

You've taken one too many licks to head with pavement or blacktop or dirt - ya need a skidlid!

Now tell hotspot47 that not all equipment is created equal and some will not play / display / recognize copied DVDs.

...I shoulda kept my new 1965 Honda Dream 300, I'd show you motorcycle racer... :)

RWG

5. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Im just hoping that hotspot comes back and tells us what the heck he/she is talking about! Its always ineresting...Some posts need run through Decrypter. I do realize that English may not be their native language and they certainly do better than I would with Finnish or Japanese.

I rode a friend's Honda 305 Dream (I think thats what it was called) many years ago. I remember a big knob between the handlebars to adjust the steering damping. Belive me, they have gotten a lot better!

I guess my point is that we are both old! (naw!)(nyet?)

Frank

6. hotspot47

hotspot47 Member

First of all thanks for your attention Gentlemen. I am back. Let me give some more details, once I copy DVD I can play on DVD burner(Pioneer 106), on stand alone DVD player and on my TOSHIBA notebook, however my DVD player (LG 8080B flashed with 1.07 firmware)is not able to open these (copied) DVDs. While it still read the original copy. I was thinking to try to reflash the firmware. I also tried with different brand of DVDs (Sony, maxell, verbatim) and types -R and +R, but problem remains the same.
    Thanks again for your attention.

7. RWG

RWG Regular member

I'm guessing your LG is a DVD-ROM drive in your computer. What program(s) are you using to play back your copied DVDs? Truthfully I don't have any ideas for you unless the firmware flash screwed with your drive. Do any copied DVDs play in it?

RWG

8. aleco

aleco Member

my LG 8081b does NOT play DVD's... Make sure yours does ...cause I dont think it does.

g'luck

9. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

hi Hotspot,
    Here are the specs for your LG8080b:

Search: All Departments Computer HardwareCD & DVD Drives The Web

LG 8080B
    CD-RW - Internal - IDE

Details
    Write. Read. Erase. Replace. With the CED-8080B and reusable CD-RW discs, you get the convenience of a floppy with the capacity of a CD. And with the supplied Adaptec Easy CD Creator and Direct CD : software, you can build, create, and copy CDs. Now it's easier than ever before to share large files or create multimedia presentations. Its 2MB buffer memory ensures quality recording and fewer underrun errors. CD-ReWritable drives from LG. It's the drive you've been waiting for.
    Key Features
    Manufacturer Sku: CED-8080BI
    Brand: LG
    Model: 8080B
    Drive Type: CD-RW
    Enclosure Type: Internal
    Interface Type: IDE
    Media Load Type: Tray
    Disk Capacity: 1
    Enlosure / Bezel Color: White
    BizRate Product ID: 5200801
    Also Known As: Lg Cd Rw, Lg, Cd Rw, Cd Rw Drive, Cd Rw Drives
    Features
    Buffer Memory: 1 MB
    Headphone Output: Yes
    Speed
    Max CD Read Speed: 38 X
    Max CD Write Speed: 8 X
    Max CD Rewrite Speed: 4 X
    Requirements
    Operating System Compatibility: PC
    Dimensions
    Weight: 2.35 lbs

10. hotspot47

hotspot47 Member

Hallo gens,
    let us make the point. To answer to RWG, yes you are correct.My "piece" is a DVD ROM (DVD-DRD8080B with 1.10 firmware)installed on the secondary IDE on my Compaq PIII,700. I used WinDVD, then Power DVD 4 and now 5. No problem when I use original DVD, but it does not play copies.
    When using copies I can see the light on, can hear the head like trying to read and go back and then again. I just downloaded firmware 1.14 but I am not willing to mess again with flashing, also because the 1.10 is regionfree and the 1.14 code 2...BTW I could use AnyDVD....Thanks for your opinion.

11. hotspot47

hotspot47 Member

...just to be precise. Of course the DVD play regularly on any other DVD player stand-alone as well as PC.
    Bye