1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with DVD Decrypter

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by raceman17, Aug 27, 2004.

1. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

There is no reason to use dvd decryptor if you have nero. Decryptor is free software that you can use to burn your dvd. Dvd shrink is all you need to compress and encode. Forget decryptor if you have nero. Open dvd shrink, load the dvd, click open disc, then let it run quick analysis, choose either full disc or reauthor, use the guide if you choose reauthor. Click backup, check burn w/ nero, use the guide for other settings, analyze, encode, burn and your done. Don't use the computer while analyzing, encoding, or burning. I can't remember every setting without doing it but the guide will go through those.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]AMD Athlon Thunderbird 1.33 Ghz 512 MB PC133 Ram
    Lite-On LDW-832S f/w VS0B DVDRW
    18" lcd monitor
    Win XP Nero 6.3.1.20
    DVDXCopy Xpress 3.2.1 DVD Decryptor/DVD Shrink 3.2
    I know not too impressive saving my money[/small]

Last edited: Aug 27, 2004
  2. raceman17

raceman17 Member

thats what im gonna try to do. So I guess I should quit using the computer while its encoding. I will let yall know what happens when Its through i guess

3. gorangel

gorangel Guest

You have to set the dvd burner region first . If you don´t want to do that you have two options :
    1-Download and install dvd region free or
    2-Look for a firmware upgrade for your dvd burner
    (dangerous if you don´t have experience)
    Then if you want to rip your movie with decrypter you can use file mode , remove the rce protection ( just choose the same region code of the movie, (usually 1 if you live in the usa).
    To backup the movie from your HD , you can use DVD shrink, just open the files, remove the unwanted audio tracks and backup . I sugest to select deep analysis,and dvd shrink quality enhancements .
    Shrink backups the movie with decrypter (Iso mode write) or with nero .
    I want to apologize for my english , is not my mother language

4. raceman17

raceman17 Member

See, I tried to set the dvd to region 1 and for some reason, the player wouldnt except the change. So I Used dvd shrink along with nero and the dvd burned perfectly. No problems what so ever. It played in my Ps2 perfectly. So Could the problem be that dvd decrypter is not compatable with my dvd burner? Because dvd shrink work and so did dvd x copy xpress. Now can I use dvd shrink or dvd x copy to back up my Ps2 games?

5. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

Raceman
    Glad to hear ya got shrink to work. Forget about decryptor. I don't know about ps2 backup's, never done one. Give it a try.

6. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

Raceman
    Glad to hear ya got shrink to work. Forget about decryptor. I don't know about ps2 backup's, never done one. Give it a try.

7. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

Raceman

8. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

Raceman

9. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

Raceman

10. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

Raceman

11. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

Raceman

12. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

Raceman

13. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

Raceman

14. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

Raceman

15. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

Raceman

16. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

Raceman

17. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

OOPS, SORRY HAD A CANIPTION

18. baabaa

baabaa Active member

LMFAO........just went to my emails and found the inbox FULL of this thread - thought someone had come up with a new theory about life..........

Anyways, good to hear dvd shrink did the trick, and yes it appears something is amiss between dvddecrypter and your burner.......it maybe worthwhile posting it on dvddecrypters forum - http://www.dvddecrypter.com

As for PS2, various programs available to do simple backups - but the simplest is..........wait for it..........wait for it..............it's coming............nearly there.............here it is...............Dvd Decrypter...........For dvd based games anyway.......ISO Read/Write mode.....

However I believe the other good alternative is Alcohol 120%.........

Have a look in the PS2 forums here at Afterdawn, they should point you in the right direction............

19. raceman17

raceman17 Member

Fellas, I want to thank each and every one of eyou how took the time to help me out with my problem I HAD. I am on my thrid DVD with no problems. This is a great site and I will be sure to share my new found knowlege with others. Thanks a bunch
    Aaron

20. baabaa

baabaa Active member

You're welcome and [bold]WELCOME TO AFTERDAWN[/bold]