1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with dvd fab decrypter HD

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by Bandit372, Sep 28, 2007.

1. Bandit372

Bandit372 Guest

After losing my hard drive and reconfiguring my entire system, I reloaded DVD FAB Decrypter HD. The program starts to open the disk i am going to rip, then it recycles and says that their is a read error. I have never had this problem with previous versions of DVD Fab Decrypter. Please help with a solution, or is their a way I can get the earlier version. Thanks in advance

2. onya

onya Guest

Usually when a read error occurs, it means the drive cannot read the disc because of damage....(scratches etc)

Clean that disc from centre to outer, and see how you go. Use Methylated spirits or Isopropyl alcohol, these are the best suggested agents to use. Inspect the disc surface for scratches and other defects, then decide whether or not the disc is worth keeping.

If you have the time and money, then perhaps you can take the disc(s) to your local video rental store. Your local may have a resurfacing machine that will RE-surface the disc to a working level. My local store charges $5.0 per disc. BTW don't resurface your PS1 game discs......apparently they will not play regardless.