1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with DVD-Lab

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by frere, Sep 11, 2004.

1. frere

frere Member

I finaly achieved a compilation under DVD-lab 1.1 (the last version would not compile because of an error in compile.aux, the module dedicated to final compilation)

I opened it from hard drive with power dvd... all is fine... except the buttons don't show up... Only the highlights are visible...

I guess that's bad chance huh?
    (any suggestion will be apreciated :)

PS: the buttons disapear exactly in the same way during "simulation" but I thought that perticular routine didnot work properly...
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]- Are you a professional?
    - Are you a Client?[/small]

Last edited: Sep 11, 2004
  2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

If your buttons are disappearing during simulation then there is something wrong with the way your buttons are set up.

Open your menu view and over at the right find the "Link" button on the left side of the Properties box and select it. Under "Button Visibility" select "Visible" from the drop-down menu.

Right below "link", click on "Map" at the top you should see "Button Hi-lite group", #3 should be selected. Below that, find the color map drop-down menu and select "Normal". Next, slide the #3 slider to the left. This will set the transparency for an unselected button. Don't make it completely transparent!

Go back up to the color map menu and select "Selected". Once again, use the #3 slider to set the transparency. This is setting the transparency for the button when you select it with your remote.

The last one to set is "Activated". This sets the transparency when the button is "pressed" with your remote.

Note the color box next to the slider. You can set the color for each of the three states as well.

Make your buttons slightly transparent. They will look a lot better on the TV. The button colors are really saturated so this will reduce that a bit.

I'm using 1.3 without any problems. I don't use DVD Lab to burn though. I just set my HDD as the burn target and use Nero to do the actual burn.

Good luck and let me know if this helped,
    Frank
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]motorcycle racer
    computer newbie
    dual Xeon 3.06, 2 WD 76Gb Raptors, raid 0, Maxtor 250, 2Gb RAM, 2 monitors, GSXR1000, 88 Mazda truck
    [​IMG][/small]

Last edited: Sep 12, 2004
  3. frere

frere Member

Sorry, I knew all this already.
    The problem was that my menus are motion menu, and the buttons needed to be prerendered. So I got that alright now.

But the problem now is that I get a "compile.aux" error that causes abnormal program termination. Result: all my great work is useless, for the compilation routine crashes after 40min of calculation, and ends before creating the .ifo files...

I'll have to find a good authoring program to do these motion menus...