1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with DVD playback

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by chika43, Mar 26, 2007.

1. chika43

chika43 Member

I have burned a few older and newer movies and all of them start having playback problems at the end of the movie. Maybe the last five minutes are choppy, with the weird distortion and lines through the screen. Sometimes it even freezes and starts the movie over. Also it does this at the very beginning when the trailers are playing. I am using Sony DVD+R's and I am copying directly from my dvd-rom drive to my dvd-rw drive. I have tried CloneDVD and DVD Shrink. I have AnyDVD and DVD Decrypter. Although I don't know if I am going about the burning process right. I have burned several that have worked fine for the whole movie, and several that won't play the end. Any suggestions on how to fix the problem, or if you have had this problem how did you correct it? THANKS!

2. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

There's a few different combinations available for the software mentioned. What programs are you using and how when these errors occur? Or is it any combination? A few titles with the problems might be handy as well.

3. chika43

chika43 Member

I used CloneDVD and AnyDVD and I got the same problem as DVD Shrink. It really hasn't mattered lately what I have burned they all have the same problem. I used Dvd decrypter then burned the movie with Clone DVD. I don't know. Nothing I have tried has seemed to work.

4. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

What burning program r u using?

What speed r u burning at?

u Might need a firmware update?

edit-
    What is the make/model and firmware of ur burner?

Last edited: Mar 26, 2007
  5. chika43

chika43 Member

Well, I updated the firmware on my burner and bought a different brand of DVD's. Everything works great now. Thank you all for your time!

6. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

You're welcome. Bowler can take a bow for suggesting the firmware. If you look around the forum you'll see where good media is highly recommended for video work. Glad you got everything lined out and good luck.