1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem with dvd rw drive

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by crowmen, Mar 3, 2007.

1. crowmen

crowmen Member

hi all iv recently started having problems with copying dvds to dvd-r. i have a poineer dvdrw drive. i use either dvd decryptor or dvd shrink to copy a disc then nero or dvd decryptor to burn it. it used to work fine till there was a power cut afew days ago. now when i copy a dvd it copys fine but if i try to play it on my pc(using vlc) or burn it then play it in a dvd player(when i burn it it burns a full 4.5 gb dvd in about 3-5 minutes. nero estimates the total time it should take at 15mins which is what it used to take) it jumps very badly in menus and the movies and it doesnt display a picture during the movie at all unless i turn on subtitles. has anyone ever had this problem? im worried that the power cut may have fried somthign in the dvd drive. but ill also say that after the power cut my computer gave some error about over clocking. my motherboards manual says it has some kind of protection were if u try an over clock settings in the bios and the computer crashes it automaticly resets the bios to some default settings when it starts up again. could this problem be cause by some kind of bios settings? thanks for any help you can give with this, martin

2. crowmen

crowmen Member

sorry i forgot to mention when i use a normal genuine dvd it has the same playing problems on my computer but not on a dvd player. and iv tried copying discs using the iso read feature on dvd decryptor and that just had the same problems. im also using windows vista but everythign is being run with administrative rights so i wouldnt expect that to be a problem.

3. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

cheep media,burning to fast, multitasking, are theese downloads? there many things that will cause you problem

4. janrocks

janrocks Guest

You are having the same problems with commercial printed dvd's? Sounds like vista has taken away your dvd playing capability due to your attempts to copy disks.

Is there a cure? Look for DRM cracks.

5. crowmen

crowmen Member

the media was average price but iv always used it and its worked perfectly fine before with the same settings and its nero so auto detects the dvds max speed and its the same speed as before it stopped workign. i never do anythign or have anything run when im burning. dvd shrink and decryptor were downloaded long long ago and this is the first signs of playing up nero came with the dvd drive. and yes its the same with playing commercials dvds but iv had vista for about 3 months now and its only just started playing up as i said after this powercut. maybe if you could please explain a little further on what you mean janrocks but from what i saw i dont see how this would be related to drm protection. thanks, martin
    ps when i play dvds that were on my hdd from before the power cut they work fine in my media player