1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with DVD Shrink 3.1

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by Loof, Jan 10, 2004.

1. Loof

Loof Member

I have been using DVD Shrink for about a year now. Most recently 3.0 Beta 5 has been working like a champ.

I downloaded 3.1 this morning and tried to back up a DVD. As soon as I said OK to start the backup, it gave me this error: "DVD Shrink encountered an error and cannot continue. Copy protection error. The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error."

So just to check, I shut down 3.1 and started up version 3.0 beta 5. I was then able to back up the disc with no problems using this older version.

So what's up with 3.1? Anyone have any idea what the problem is?

Your help is appreciated.

2. yuedana

yuedana Regular member

what movie were you trying to do.

3. LeeFields

LeeFields Guest

I had a few probs with it last night, a fix is on its way from Mr Shrink very soon. This may be what is causing your fault as well.
    If you are using another region disk other than the default for your drive then there may be a problem. Have you flashed the firmware or Are you running DVD Region Free by IDLE? If you are running region free, this program is causing a few errors. I closed mine down and everyting worked OK, however I cannot run my other region disks on 3.1 until a fix is released.
    Hope this helped.

4. Loof

Loof Member

I tried backing up two different discs when I got this error: Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory and Twilight Zone disc 21.

5. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Hi guys, Read some posts on the Shrink forum site. Several problems have come up including a video preview
    problem with some graphics drivers. I think they are working on the problems. Best bet is to go back to 3.0 if you can get it working for now.
    Jerry

6. Nightlite

Nightlite Guest

I downloaded it yesterday and tried it out today with no problems of backing up... My only surprize, (maybe because I did not read enough post) that it not only rips, decodes, shrinks but then also writes it to a blank dvd..I noticed some post saying they did not have menues.. I have them and it works on the pc and my dvd player also..I also have the Sony 500a that I have read so many times or how bad it is...No problem again..ever with it..

7. LeeFields

LeeFields Guest

Ver 3.1.1 has now been releasd. Here is the official word from the man himself.

DVD Shrink 3.1.1 is now available for download:
    http://www.dvdshrink.org
    http://www.mrbass.org/dvdshrink/

- Disabled overlapped IO in UDF disc reader: this solves problems with "DVD Region Free" software.

- Ensure all overlapped IO in generic file system code is aligned to sector boundaries.

- Added option to enable/disable Nero in preferences.

- Fixed bug where "deep analysis before backup" was forced on, even though no compression required.

- Some modification to Nero initialization parameters, which solves
    problems when virtual cd-drive software is installed.

- Set "system default renderer" to the default DirectX video renderer instead of VMR-9.

- Added support for YUVY, YUY2 and YVYU directshow formats.

- Don't eject burned DVD if "shutdown when complete" was selected.

- Fixed crash when opening IC8 generated DVDs. They still cannot be opened however.

- Modified text of "set toolbar buttons" dialog, so people don't
    think it is wallpaper.