1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with DVD shrink 3 beta 5

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by pk0912, Oct 13, 2003.

1. pk0912

pk0912 Member

Hi everyone. Have just started trying to back up my first dvd but already having probs. I have downloaded dvd decrytor and the dvd shrink version mention in the subject. So far i have put in matrix, matrix reloaded and gladiator, and all are too big to be dvd-5 according to dvd decryptor. But when i use dvd shrink, i follow the guide but get see "no full" disk button and the size bar is all green. The guide then says to use other guide, but then dvd is too big. Am i just being daft or what? and help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

2. yuedana

yuedana Regular member

You are being daft but that is ok. Dvd shrink will rip and compress dvds. You want the size bar to be green with shrink. Shrink automatically picks the compression for you so that it will fit on one dvd (4.4 gb) When you get rid of things like the spanish and french audio, it will change the compression so that it fits and will continue to stay green.

The thing to look at is the number beside the automatic on the compression and see how that changes. As you eliminate things, the compression will change and you will want as little compression as you can get away with.

Check out Oriphus' guide at
    http://www.chrismccann.co.uk/user_guides.htm
    or the dvd shrink guide at
    http://dvdshrink.info/guides.php

3. pk0912

pk0912 Member

thanks a lot for the reply! figured out ripping dvds to divx which is lots more complicated, can't even do this, lol.

4. elgm2003

elgm2003 Member

How do I totally eliminate extras and menus in dvd shrink 3?

Last edited: Oct 13, 2003
  5. yuedana

yuedana Regular member

elgm2003
    you reauthor the movie which opens up a new window and then drag the movie title to the new window.
    go to the dvdshrink.info to get more info for this.

6. elgm2003

elgm2003 Member

Thanks!