1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with DVD Shrink encoding rate

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by OzMiss, Nov 30, 2004.

1. OzMiss

OzMiss Member

Hi Folks,

I was after some advice regarding slow encoding I'm experiencing when using DVD Shrink.

I changed my primary and secondary channels from PIO to DMA. This made a big difference in burning times (40 mins reduced to 10 ) and also encoding speeds whilst using DVD Encryptor, but I am still getting speeds of just over 1000 KB/s when using Shrink, as opposed to 6000 KB/s.

You are probably thinking why doesn't the dumb broad just use Encryptor, and I would if I could end up burning a disc with it !! More often than not the data is well over 4.3 gigs and it isn't possible. I also find Shrink much more user-friendly, and the better program of the two, however I'm reaching rates of over 6000 KB/s with Decryptor, and 1000 with Shrink so it's becoming hard to stick with Shrink.

Could anyone perhaps enlighten me as to why such a dramatic difference between the programs, and any tips how I could speed up my encoding with shrink ?

I have a Pentium 3 733 MHZ C.P.U genuine intel P.C
    O.S Windows 2000 Professional. 512 Megs of Ram.
    2 x 18 gig 10,000 RPM SCSI`s

Kind thanks, OzMiss.

2. Soulreave

Soulreave Member

try um.. ripping the dvd to an iso image, mount the image then run dvdshrink on the mounted image