1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with dvd shrink. - Ghost Rider

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by londonuk1, Jul 14, 2007.

1. londonuk1

londonuk1 Member

Can anyone help. Trying to do a legal copy of ghost rider using dvd shrink and anydvd decrypter but keep getting the message Failed to read file "D:/" How can I solve this??? ps it is a sony disc

2. attar

attar Senior member

Last edited: Jul 14, 2007
  3. onya

onya Guest

ghost rider is a latest release, so please give "all concerned" time to evaluate the neccessary steps required. Newer additions can take a little longer. If AnyDVD doesn't do what is expected, then wait as Slysoft will eventually deliver the goods. Patience is a virtue londonuk1. When all is clear then use the best media possible and use a burning speed of 8X maximum. By the way " DVD decrpyter" is out dated. Perhaps you are best using the following Ripper......It's free after all.. :)

http://www.dvdfab.com/free.htm

4. donnydark

donnydark Member

i didnt have any issues when burning ghost rider. using dvd shrink v3.2 and nero 7.9.6

5. little155

little155 Regular member

Make sure that the original disk is clean. Sometimes just a fingerprint can give a read error. Make sure the burners are clean, a cleaning disk or a little shot of air. Be careful with the air, I have seen liquid come out. I had no problems with Ghost Rider. AnyDVD, Shrink and then Nero to burn. Good luck.

6. onya

onya Guest

donnydark, wanna share what you did?

7. onya

onya Guest

Along with 155, wanna share what happens...etc...

8. Berryone

Berryone Regular member

Last edited: Jul 14, 2007
  9. little155

little155 Regular member

I might also state that I do a cleaning procedure each time I make a back up. I clean my DVD-ROM drive and my burner. And I make sure the disks are clean. I also check that I haven't accidentally put a fingerprint on the disk that I will copy to. I hope this clears everything up. HTH

10. onya

onya Guest

It may be best to say how to disable "the red fox"......just a thought.

Right click on the FOX icon and choose DISABLE..........just in case!

11. Berryone

Berryone Regular member

@ onya

I don't own the Red Fox, so I didn't Know how to Disable it. I only Know that it Might interfer with Hd Decrypter. I also Knew Someone would. Thanks.

12. onya

onya Guest

'Ello Berryone...you may not own the red fox but you did have the forsight to mention that to disable "it" would be at least the best way to go.
    Again, this is the case. Running the "red fox" with certain apps will cause them to throw a wobbly. Other than that, your advise is as good as anyone can give.... :)

Ever thought of buying the software mentioned?

Does this mean that you are smart enough to know the difference?

Cheers Berryone.

13. Ozjohn

Ozjohn Member

I also had this trouble with DVD Shrink and Ghost writer, ripped it to the HD with DVDFab Decrypter, then ran DVD Shrink with the files it had created got a pefect full DVD.

14. Agent0008

Agent0008 Regular member

I had no trouble with DVDShrink and AnyDVD but I just backed up the movie, nothing else.

15. thevaluer

thevaluer Member

First you need to download Ripit4me - http://www.ripit4me.org/
    a great little program when dvd shrink/fab or decryptor won't do the job.
    It's small in size but after failing with this movie I've just successfully used Ripit4me which takes you through the whole process to burning with Shrin. seems to be a lot of protected data on this particular movie.

16. onya

onya Guest

@thevaluer That link no longer works. You may have dig a little deeper to find what your after. :)

17. thevaluer

thevaluer Member

Thanks Onya. I realized that after reading the article about the australian Sony court case.
    Amazing that they feel the need to try to stop copies being made of our dvd's for home use.
    Tony Whitelegg