1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with DVD shrink result disk

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by kristen98, Apr 13, 2007.

1. kristen98

kristen98 Member

when backing up just the "main movie" and no compression the back-up DVD video skips and jerks while audio stays smooth. The video is fine until approx. the 30 min mark. The uncompressed movie is approx. 3.8 GB in size and the target DVD-R is 4.7 GB. I am using DVD shrink 3.2.0.15 and nero version 4. What is my problem?:)

2. FFsp42

FFsp42 Regular member

Here's a couple of possibilities:

(1) What type of media are you using. Using good media makes a huge difference in playback quality. Stick with Taiyo Yudens or Verbatims, as a general rule.

(2) What speed are you burning at. Rule of thumb is to burn at half the rated speed of your discs. In other words, if you are using 16x discs, do not burn over 8x.

(3) Make sure your machine is clean. Defrag often so Shrink runs at optimal performance.

Try a couple of these and see if the results are any better. Keep us informed!

3. kristen98

kristen98 Member

1)tdk dvd+r 8x 4.7GB
    2)tried every speed, 8x,4x,1x,2x
    3)it is clean, it is new
    -during the encoding process i can see the previews start to skip about 30mins into the movie. so it is happening before i even burn anything i think. so result disk has same skipping in same place.

4. orion250

orion250 Regular member

The source disk could be bad. Try burning the same movie from a different source disk. Do you have this problem with other movies?

5. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

As a check, record your movie to the hard drive of the PC. Select Create DVD Files: Hard Disk Folder. That way you can use your DVD player software to view the source files you got from your DVD. If no problem with the video, your problem is with the burning portion of your backup. That's been covered fairly well- good media with a reasonable recording speed. With 8X I'd go 4X to 6X. Whatever your drive supports. When having problems, I never try to burn at max.

[​IMG]