1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with dvd shrink

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by dinony5, Jan 29, 2005.

1. dinony5

dinony5 Member

I tried to burn Little Black Book(MDS File) and it anylyzes fine. Then Im suppose to click Back up, when I go to click back up it encodes it up to about 34% and then it doesnt have enough room. First, it asks if I want to erase the exsisiting files and the only thing i can do is hit yes for it to start encoding. Second, the movie plays fine as its encoding. Third,The menu part of the movie is 14 MB, the main movie is 3,931MB, and the extras are 517MB.though after i fragment my computer it says 7.95 GB un fragmented and it seems to be all the files associated with the movie. I have over (14 GB,37% free Space) on my computer of hard drive space as per after derfagmenting my computer, clean-up on my disk, and erasing mostly all my files and un-important programs. It stops encoding after 34% and says that there isn't enough storage to proceed this command. Out of memory

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

moved

3. Veblin

Veblin Active member

Method 1. Recommended.
    Rip with DVD Decrypter in File Mode.
    DVD Decrypter > Mode > File F
    Then.
    DVD Shrink > Open Files

Method 2. Not recommended.
    Rip with DVD Decrypter in ISO Mode.
    DVD Decrypter > Mode > ISO > Read R
    Then.
    DVD Shrink > File > Open Disc Image

Method 2 is far more likely to cause out of memory errors because of movies that have multiple angles or both wide and full screen versions.

DVD Shrink and DVDs with ARccOS™
    http://forum.digital-digest.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=46553

Last edited: Feb 1, 2005
  4. dinony5

dinony5 Member

i believe i decrypted it with dvd decryptor first because it kept sayin cyclic redundancy check. Thought i dont know how if I can veiw the movie little black book while its encoding with dvd shrink is it saying "out of memory" 34 % of encoding. I realy doidnt understand what the reply was that you sent me VEBLIN i know thats because your more intelligent on this stuff then me. Slow it down lol and explain in more easier detail. whats the diffrence between MDS and ISO file anyway ? I wish i knew how to get this thing to encode and burn