1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with DVR-Ram

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by poliu, Sep 23, 2004.

1. poliu

poliu Member

Hi , i try to backup files on a DVD-RAM ( Panasonic ) and sometime i have a strange thing who happen , firt normaly it take a moment to copy files ( around 1 hours ) but sometime files are copied in less then 1 sec , also when this happen the files look like a "hidden" folder , i mean like the protected folder of Windows which we are not suposed to deal with , they look like greying , so today when this happen on my DVD-Ram i do a right clik and i discover that in fact the files who was suposed to be on the DVD-RAM are located in : XP's temporary cache directory C:\Documents and Settings\<logon user>\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\CD Burning , do you know how to avoid that ?

Thank's

PS my DVD Burner is a LG

Last edited: Sep 23, 2004
  2. jacota20

jacota20 Member

i take it youre trying to burn some data files onto a dvd-ram disc? it sounds like you right-clicked the files and sent it to the wrong drive. now windows cd burning software is activated and is probably waiting for your burner to become active.

delete the files in the windows cd burning folder, and start over. you might want to re-format your dvd-ram disc also.

richard

3. poliu

poliu Member

Hi , no i didn't used a righht clik to burn data on my DVD-RAM i just copy and paste the data on it like i done before and it worked fine generaly .

4. jacota20

jacota20 Member

sounds like you cut and paste a lot on this disc. you need to either erase or re-format the disc before you do anything else. better to re-format. will clean up the ram disc and get rid of any chapter headings it may have. probably needs it if you havent re-formatted in a while.

5. poliu

poliu Member

Hi , i formated the DVD-RAM , btw time to time i have this error when i try to format "Windows cannot format" so i have to try again and again and sometime he finaly format .....

6. poliu

poliu Member

As i bought it in "bulk" version maybe i need the Instalation CD... but i try to download it on LG web site and they say that for DVD-RAM compatible recorder : "the drag-and-drop DVD-RAM drivers that come with LG drives are licensed from other companies and can't be posted on this site, but they are located on the CD that came with the unit."

Where can i ask for someone who may have this CD to share it ( by e-mail) ???

7. poliu

poliu Member

after read on a LG forum that i need InCD i instaled it and it work now ;)

8. poliu

poliu Member

after read on a LG forum that i need InCD i instaled it and it work now ;)