1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with eject/reset cable

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Badrelg27, Sep 6, 2004.

1. Badrelg27

Badrelg27 Member

Anyone who's ever opened up a PS2 knows about the metal strip thats right there when you open it; I'm talking about the cable that controls the eject and reset buttons. But one person who didn't know is my stupid friend who accidentally ripped the cable out from inside the system. It's still connected to the eject and reset buttons, but wherever it was connected on the inside of the system, it has been detached from that spot. Can this problem be fixed or is it broken beyond repair? I hope someone can help me...

2. nelswick

nelswick Regular member

yes it can be fixed but to do it you will rpobably have to take some stuff apart to expose the motherboard. that is where the other end of the ribbon connects to.

3. matty8887

matty8887 Regular member

Just take off the bottom case of the ps2 and use something thin to get the hinge thing up so you can put the cable in.
    It will be on the side that the eject buttons is just underneath the metal casing. You will see it because it is a creamy colour, then just place the cable on it and press it back down. Re-assemble the ps2 and see if it solved the problem.