1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with eMule and eDonkey2000

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by LordofNik, Jun 26, 2003.

1. LordofNik

LordofNik Member

Alright, I had a bunch of downloads going in eMule. But then I read about the new Horde feature in eDonkey2000, so I download the new version, and ran that, and of course set it to use the temp files already started by eMule. That part worked fine, and the downloads continued just like normal. But then I decided to switch back to eMule, and now the temp files wont load, it just says Error: XXX.part.met () is corrupt, unable to load file over and over for each file. Is there a program out there I can run to fix whatever the hell is wrong, or do I have to finish the downloads with eDonkey2000. I like eMule a lot better. Thanks for your help.

2. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

The hoarde system is there for two reasons (1) To stop leeching and (2) To improve dl speeds between people trying to download the same file.

The documentation tells you that the new PART files are incompatible with old files (hence to prevent leeching). You can however use the old files with the newer program so in that case you must finish the downloads with the newer proggie.

3. LordofNik

LordofNik Member

But is there anything I can do to change the new PART files back to the old PART files, so that I can finish the downloads with eMule?

4. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Nope (not that i am aware of) but essentially........nope